Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick 'what does it do' question.

What is the purpose of the veritcal screw located on the underside of the receiver at the forward end of the trigger housing do?
Does this hold the magazine tube in place at the receiver?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,468 Posts
I think it just helps hold the trigger plate in place, if we're picturing the same screw.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is what I thought.

Was taking a 336 with a 3/4 length mag tube apart and the mag tube was not coming off easy (or at all). Just wanted to check if this screw held the mag tube in place. Same steps as my other, removed the two end cap screws, removed the screw holding the magazine screw to the barrel, and the forend moves/magazine tube moves, but the magazine tube will not come out of the receiver.......

My other 336 mag tube separated from the receiver easily. This one is not.

·
Premium Member
12,094 Posts
Thats the trigger plate screw.
The tube wont come out unless you pull it down to clear the stud that the tube end cap fits over. You need to remove the screw from the tube cap & the screws from the forend tip, slide the forend tip forward a little bit, only 1/2" or so, then pull the tube & barrel apart, once its clear of the stud dovetailed to the barrel it should come right off.

·
Premium Member
2,370 Posts
What leverdude says is the way the tube comes off. But I just bought a 336A that doesn't look like it had ever been taken apart. I couldn't pull the tube off the pin that goes through the tube. I had to take a screw driver and a rag and pry it out. Be careful and go easy if you pry the tube off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.