Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
at least they were in the TV shows about the old west. I just watched an episode of the big valley and a killer was using a 336, I saw Victoria Barkly use one on there before to kill a bad man with, probably the same gun. and I saw Adam on bonanza use one to shoot some people with before. I guess they weren't counting marlin gun nuts to be watching in the distant future with a rewind button,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
I look for Marlins in westerns and see only Winchesters. I saw some nice ones the other day with the octagon rear & round front barrels. I can't stand to see em throw em down like they do & sometimes ride off and leave em. I know, it's a TV show, but it still hurts! :bawling:

·
Premium Member
10,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have saw a lot of the old westerns lately with colt peace makers with no front sight. in Hogan's heroes sergeant Schultz (john banner) carried a U.S. krag not a K98 it was reported that he was he lost a lot of his family to the holocaust in WW2 and would not play the part with a German gun,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
692 Posts
Winchester profited by their rifles in movies. They were probably not as popular in the times the movie was supposedly taking place.
Its sorta like Jose Cuervo Tequila with so many songs written about it they can charge a higher price because of the popularity created by those songs when in fact Jose Cuervo it not a very good Tequila at all. If you did a shooter side by side with a decent 100% Agave you can tell the difference. You can get good Tequila for about the same price as Jose. But we have those songs

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I guess they got a new Flux Capacitor.

Lots of mistakes in movies. I was looking at the Bonnie and Clyde's Hideout a Bonnie and Clyde site and looking at the movie pages and there are newer model cars and window AC units in the background. Supposedly in the John Wayne movie of the Alamo there is a jeep inn the picture by the Alamo. And I believe contrails from a plane flying overhead.

I like when you see like a car window or a plate glass window in a store and you can see a reflection of the movie crew filming the movie.

I have spotted a few marlins but not as many as the winchesters.

·
Administrator
23,825 Posts
Take a look at this left handed Winchester. The movie started out with him levering right handed going into a curve, coming out he was lefty.

Attachments

·
Administrator
23,825 Posts
Big Valley was mostly Texans. Though I think one of the ladies had a Marauder with 16 inch bbl.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
IIRC at the end of Hang Em High the Captain used a Marlin. But that’s going on my shakey memory.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.