Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stop me before I buy again!

I was in a pawn shop and saw a nice 1975 Model 336. For $149. It was all I could do not to snap it up on the spot.

So someone please talk me out of going back there this weekend and getting it...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Come on there moose,
You should know better than that.I can help you out tell me where its at and i will remove the temptation.

Riflemen10x

·
Registered
189 Posts
Moose,

Can't help you at all.....a little while back I bought a clean '62 336RC .30-30, from a guy selling his dad's Marlin. Wasn't even looking for another Marlin, but it BEGGED me to take it home. :!:

Once I saw it, held it, heard it's history, I just couldn't leave it there, especially for $150! :wink:

·
Registered
834 Posts
If you didn't buy it you do need help. Seek it asap before the deal is gone.

Larry

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
Sorry Moose cant help you out!! $149.00 WHATS WRONG WITH YOU?? Why dont you have that gun at your house? You do need help...go back and get it!! :lol:

·
Premium Member
18,030 Posts
I'd have it already torn down, cleaned, reassembled, and shot.

What's wrong with you? GO GIT IT!

PJ

·
Registered
431 Posts
Just rolled in from putting a Glenfield 30 on layaway! it's one of those with the smooth hardwood and the short mag tube. Front sight just a blade dovetailed to the barrel. Dern gun doesn't have a scratch on it except a couple of tiny dings where some yahoo was tapping on the front sight with a 5lb hammer. :shock: No blue or finish wear though, not even at the lever or hammer. Wood is 100%. A nice Glenfield shouts out for conversion to 30-30AI or .307. Oh yeah it has a 20" barrel. Screw heads for the drill and tap never turned. No safety, tapped for reciever sight. And what year does an AC prefix denote?

Ahh, life is good!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You guys talked me into it...I'm going back to the shop on Friday and see if I can atone for my foolishness of not taking it home!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts