Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in a gun shop yesterday and saw an interesting Marlin 30-30 for sale. It was marked as a 30W had a gold trigger, cross bolt safety and absolutely not a mark on it. It was listed for $225. I don't know anything about Marlin's 30-30s so any info on this rifle along with a reasonable price range would be very helpful, it just caught my eye as I have never had a 30-30 and plan on getting one sooner or later, this just seemed like a good deal. Wanted to check it out first with you more knowledgeable guys. Thanks in advance.

-Matt

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
Thats a good price I would jump on it. It is a 336 Marlin through and through. The mod 30's have a walnut finish usually birch and the tall front sight with out the sight hood. Nothing wrong with these rifles at all.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'd offer them a little lower than $225 and see what they say. Maybe $200 out-the-door.

A lot depends on where you live--around the DFW area, it's not uncommon to find hardwood-stocked Marlins for $150-175.

But once you buy a Marlin, you'll be hooked!

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This won't be my first Marlin, just my newest case of Marlinitis. I have owned a sampling from the big bores, the 1894s and am looking to try out the good ole thurty-thurty. 8)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts