Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a 336 in Rem 35 today. It was in good shape. 249.00 asking price. I might can get it for 220.00 out the door. Good deal or not??

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
Why dont you own it already???

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What would be the average cost of the same gun, used and in good shape??

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Four years ago I paid $249 plus Wisconsin sales tax for a 336 in 35 Rem (1972) in good operational shape. The bluing on the barrel had shallow, splotchy stains on it (light rust?). Seemed like a good deal to me. Last year i took an antelope and a forkhorn mule deer with it and factory ammo.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I swapped a pistol worth about 200.00 for a 336 .35. Most all the finnish is gone and the stock has been repaired. Cosmetically I rate mine at 65% -70%. Mechanically 95%. I am very pleased I live on the Florida Alabama line 40 miles from Georgia. In this area .35 Remingtons aren't that popular and you almost never see them for sale. Personally if I were you and had the money to buy it even if :shock: I had to let a 30-30 go.

Brian

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'd snag for $220. In the unlikely event that you you decide you don't like it you'd have no trouble getting your money back out of it. You might even turn a profit.

·
Registered
688 Posts
If you don't want it let us know where it is.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
If in 90% condition it's worth $250, if you get it for anything less you are a real smoozer.

Go ahead Marlinman93, rub it in...

SS

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
marlinman93,

What beautiful hand made stocks on that rifle. WOW is all I can say. 8)

Dave :)

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
Yes, the stocks were made by one of my best friends. I lusted after it since he built them, and sadly bought it from his estate after his recent death. He offered it to me for $250, near the end, and his wife was kind enough to give it to me at his price.
I bought another blank piece of wood from his estate, similar to that wood. I'm holding on to it for a special gun, if I ever find the right action!

·
Registered
719 Posts
OH YEAH!?

well......i can't top mm93's magnet........but i just did a deal BEETER than all these gun deals! i bought a pair a marquese cut 1/2 carat diamonds....for $200, will have then set into earings for the war dept's 14th ansversary.......... :wink:
now! i'm setting it up for that sharps purchase....i should be in fine shape if i keep working it like this over the next year or so......... :D

ehheeeaahahahahaaaaaaaa......i can FEEL that letter original sharps commingmy way soon! :wink:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts