Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Let us know how you like it. I have a Williams on mine, and am not likely to change since it does well by me. But I am always willing to hear what works for other folks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:?: I have a old Redfield peep on my 35 and she cuts ragged holes at my first test at 25yds ,never tried the red dots the dots all seemed to be awefull large for any tight shooting ,guess close brush / drivng conditions they may prevail. get back and let us know how you like it. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:?: I have a old Redfield peep on my 35 and she cuts ragged holes at my first test at 25yds ,never tried the red dots the dots all seemed to be awefull large for any tight shooting ,guess close brush / drivng conditions they may prevail. get back and let us know how you like it. :)

·
Registered
315 Posts
Red Dots

Gents,
I've got a couple on my Marlins, and love them. The trick is to find a small one,,,,, the standard 5 MOA dot is MUCH to big for my tastes, but there is a cheapo 3MOA that is ideal out to about a 100 yards. Runs about $30, called 'Target Sports'. Not the greatest, but holding up well to everything I've thrown at it, and for the price, well worth the experiment.
Take a look at Gunbroker or the like. Bushnell does an $80 version that has several different reticles, from all reports a higher quality version that is worth looking at. These both come with rings, and simple install on a standard weaver base. Parallax free and I find very fast and ez to use. In VERY bright light on a white background, eg at the range, they can be difficult to pick up. But in the woods, especially low light dawn dusk, you can't beat 'em!
Cheers,
R*2

1 - 5 of 5 Posts