Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw that the 336 CB 38/55 is being offered again (advertisement in the August 2005 issue of Shoot magazine and one other gun magazine). What a deal!! Does anyone know the scoop as to why? I am pleased as I may have a chance to procure one this time. There is still hope for the return of the 30-30 Cowboy!

Papalote

·
Premium Member
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is what I am led to believe by the advertisements. I called the factory today and was shuffled around. Left a message with a lady in sales. She did not call back. I will try again tomorrow. Next time you get close to the August 2005 copy of SHOOT, look for the Marlin ad on or near the back cover. As happy as I am with my 30-30 cowboy, I do intend to buy the 38/55.

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
You can leave messages until you are blue in the face and you will not get a cll back. Call back and try and get a hold of someone else.

·
Premium Member
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A nice young lady from Marlin called me back. I asked her if the 336 Cowboy 38/55 was being offered again. She put me on hold and spoke to the shipping person. When she returned, I was told the 336CB 38/55 had been discontinued. It was not being offered at this time. I took a long lunch and went to the local book store ( I knew it would have a copy of SHOOT magazine AUGUST 2005). On the inside, back cover the Marlin ad prominently posts that the 38/55 CB was being offered. It is a current ad as the 32 mag CB was pictured here also. Both picture and text were present in the ad, indicating to me that the 336 CB was a real "new" offering. Can any of you confirm this through your contact with Marlin?

Papalote

·
Registered
335 Posts
That ad was probably paid for last year and set to run for a certain time period. A "new" ad probably won't surface until after the first of the year. They did drop the 336CB for 2005.
I would check the auction sites or Gun Week/ Shotgun News, or some of the CAS related sites that have classified forums for rifles for sale if you really want one. Possibly there may be some in the pipeline yet, so have your favorite gun shop check with their distributors to see if there are still some around. Occasionally there have been some 30-30 CB's pop up so why wouldn't that be the same for 38-55's?..............Buck 8) :roll: :wink:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Wishful thinking.....I grabbed a 2003 off the shelf on a trade 3 months ago...like new condition. Now Im looking around for a 30-30 .... I know they are out there! :D Given the fact that Winchester started out 2005 with 4 different 94's in the 38-55, I cant figure why Marlin would drop the 336. I think they are extremely cool Firearms! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts