Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a "Heads Up" for those of you who are looking to buy one of the new 336/35RemSS.
We started shipping them out to the distributor group today.

These are Stainless steel, 35 Rem, 18" barrels, 2/3 mag tube,(4 rnds in tube) with straight walnut stocks. I had a chance to inspect some this morning in assembly,as I saw them being assembled. They're pretty,..... short and light!

I'm told they are all going out to the TALO group, as thats the distributor group who originally ordered them.
TALO is an acrynom for Texas/Arkansas/Louisana/Oaklahoma...........

These are Limited Production at this time, So if your interested, act now!.... Good Luck in finding yours!

No, I don't know the price on these.

Tomray
NRA LIFE

·
Premium Member
18,033 Posts
How "Limited" is the run?

PJ

·
Registered
48 Posts
Tomray,

Thanks for the heads-up notice. Are you sure about the 16.25" barrels? I had thought this one was going to have an 18" tube. Please advise. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
11,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Biglmbass,

Your Right!........the barrel length IS 18" ......... My error, I have a lot of different models to contend with.
Sorry for the MIS-information.

Tomray
NRA LIFE

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well, since I live in Minnesnowta, I guess I stand about as much chance of getting one as a SNOWBALL does in _EL_ :( :( :evil:
Dan

·
Premium Member
11,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Papajohn,

You asked how many were being made? .......A total of 500 units are being produced. Sidespin has found and posted the link to TALO in his post above.
Click into the www.taloinc.com link and surf through the site to find the map for your local distributors.

To all others interested in this item, I'm sorry for the misinformation on the barrel, it is 18".......not 16.25".
I was given the wrong info by another individual, and I didn't check the build sheet or actually measure one of the rifles.....
In my daily activities, I see thousands of rifle parts and rifles every day, in various stages of manufacture and assembly, after a while it can become a 'blur".

Tomray
NRA LIFE

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
Hey Tomray you gave us the heads up we aren't going to complain about the Barrel length. Thanks for the update.

·
Registered
50 Posts
These rifles will be distributed by Davidsons, Camfour and Zanders that I know of. Called Talo yesterday for the info. Talo is a purchasing group and not a distributor.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Tomray,
Thanks for the heads up. Do you know if the 336Y is going to stay in production next year?
Brian

·
Registered
336 Posts
:shock: Now I know why I haven't been visiting as often as I use to. It's all so clear now! I couldn't afford the internet after all those Marlin purchases! Here we go again! :lol:

·
Registered
440 Posts
Leverpuller said:
:shock: Now I know why I haven't been visiting as often as I use to. It's all so clear now! I couldn't afford the internet after all those Marlin purchases! Here we go again! :lol:

Now when Marlin had it's own" forum" we asked for a rifle like this in the blue.
Ed wrote me back .
Said Davidsons could hardly get rid of the 35 D. He was told so why would Marlin want to make another 35 ?

I had 290 names on my list .
I threw it out and bought a used Rc in 35 Rem. Just love that rifle.
Now with the money I had set aside for the new 35 Remington now in stainless steel ,and for the 375 something Marlin that Marlin never made I collected the interst and then bought a new BLR.

Limited run now?
A fella could spit nails :x

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Happy, I don't quite follow your post. 290 Names on your list, threw it out bought a 35 RC, 375 something that Marlin never made...

Are you annoyed with Marlin for this new .35SS? Are you delghted with Marlin for this new .35SS? Perhaps I'm slow but I don't see where you are going.

SS

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
Sounds like he's just a little frustrated, that's all.

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts
Boy oh boy...

What a hassel. I went through all these places and nobody can tell me anything or commit to anything. I guess I will wait and buy one from someone on this forum in a couple of years...

Actually, now that I've shot them all I've been thinking about getting rid of all of them but one. I'd keep the 336ER and buy a current production 444 through Wal-Mart. Just something that keeps racing through my head when I get frustrated with firearms.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts