Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I visited a local pawnshop and came across a 1963 336RC 35Rem. They didn't have room on their shelves for it so the guy pulled it out of the back room. I offered 175+tax for it but he held tight to 185+tax and I walked. I am still thinking about going back for it but was wondering if it was a fair price for a 336 in the shape it was in.
It has about 90% bluc with light rust specks on the barrel. It has a large scuff mark on the off side of the action. Good bore and fair wood. The buttstock will need to be replaced due to several large cracks. I have no idea how hard it is going to be to find a resonably priced replacement stock and butt plate.
Thanks
Chris

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
Chris,

As described...I would not go back after that rifle. Be patient and watch this forum closely.

Dave 8)

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have to agree with VTDW,the price he is asking seems high for the amount of work you have to do to get the 336 rc back in descent condition.
I have a 1961 336 rc in 35 and it a fun gun to shoot.
Keep an eye on www.gunbroker.com there is always a couple of 35 up for auction.
Good Luck
Kevin

·
Registered
265 Posts
I saw two today in pretty decent shape. Metal was great on each but one had a pretty good scuff on the forearm. They were asking $235 for each.

Both pre-safety models.

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Brand spankin new are under 375 here..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts