Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I visited a local pawnshop and came across a 1963 336RC 35Rem. They didn't have room on their shelves for it so the guy pulled it out of the back room. I offered 175+tax for it but he held tight to 185+tax and I walked. I am still thinking about going back for it but was wondering if it was a fair price for a 336 in the shape it was in.
It has about 90% bluc with light rust specks on the barrel. It has a large scuff mark on the off side of the action. Good bore and fair wood. The buttstock will need to be replaced due to several large cracks. I have no idea how hard it is going to be to find a resonably priced replacement stock and butt plate.
Thanks
Chris

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
Sounds like a fair price. Up here the crooks would want $350.00 for it.

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
Big Med,

Don't ya think he should hold off and watch the forum for a good one? Rust on barrel, scuff (whatever that means) on the receiver and several cracks in the wood? And needs a buttplate.

Dave 8)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They aren't that rare unless you get a mutant .35 like Dave has. :wink:

Hold out, it won't be long before a nice one pops outta the woodwork somewhere.

Looked on gunbroker?

:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just bought another 336-35 on Gunbroker about a week ago that was a little nicer for 285. By the time I paid FFL charges and shipping it was 320.
It needs a forearm replacement.
Chris

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
I still think it is a good price. You can't find a beat up POS for that price up here.

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
That is what keeps folks from moving to Nebraska Big Med :mrgreen:

A Mutant .35 Rem, hmmmmm :wink:

By the way, welcome 10ga.

Dave 8)

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
If you can get it for a good price - go to the Donations page and take a chance on that walnut stock.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts