Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just stopped at LGS on way home from FT. Snelling Nat. cemetery. Low and behold there is a H prefix 1951 unmolested waffle top. It has a few issues its been reblued but looks good and has a replacement lever with wrong contour. I really want a 1952 built (my birth year) should I jump on it anyway $439 and I didn't try to dicker him down yet. Or maybe just wait for better gun. Thinking of checking interest on MO of someone trading my 444 JM marked Marlin for there 336- .35 Rem but it might be hard to find as the waffle tops where in a transition away from waffletop to plain old smooth top. Opinions please even though you guys are a bunch of enablers.

·
Registered
939 Posts
" or maybe just wait for better gun " only if you want a safe queen. Get down there and get that gun now, before Obama takes all your money. Lol

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Most folks really are not happy, till they have just what they want. That said, finding that specific year in a local market could take a long time. Good to very good 1952's are on the online auctions all the time for around $500. A month worth of watching should turn one up. Pulled this guy off GunBroker, a 1952 336A 35 Rem, about two weeks ago for $300.00, don't know why nobody was bidding on it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
:hmmmm: What do you mean by "enablers" You're asking us, knowing full well what our advice is going to be! We are not enablers, we are a motivational fellowship. Now, buy the darn rifle and if it doesn't blow your skirt up, you have some very viable trading material. Just my opinion. :flute:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.