Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have come across a 336 with a very rusted bore. It's MicroGroove in 30/30. Where can I buy and about what would be the cost of buying a new barrel? Anybody guess what a gunsmith would get to replace it? Thanks for any advice offered.

·
Administrator
23,804 Posts
One other option is to have it rebored to .375, 38-55 or .444 the latter takes a little more work but is doable.

One thing I would suspect is that the rest of the gun may be very nasty when you tear it down for a complete teardown and cleaning. I would do this before sinking any more money into it.

The price would have to be very low for me to consider one with a rusted bore, there are just too many 336s out there with good bores for less than the cost of the gun and a rebbl.

Figure like this, my last 30-30 was a 47 model 36 gave $175 out the door it had a short buttstock I replaced with a $55 custom stock and buttplate. Total $230 plus labor to fit the stock but that is something us old retired geezers like to do.

The 30-30 I bought before that was an 87 with scope and sling delivered to my door for $250 figure 95% rated wood and metal.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rachethead said:
I have two 30/30 Marlin barrels; one is for the 30AW model, and the other for the 336CS. Both are in near new condition; if you're interested, send me a PM.
I.. need the 336 cs I am A retired smith and only work guns for vets, and poor,it is A hobby thing. Your help would be greatly appreciated.You can contact me at [email protected], or in the humane phone way, 360-691-7961 or cell 425 870 1667,I have many ways to pay you, Thanks Bob Scholle

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Friend this is an old thread and those two barrels I had at the time of that post have long since been sold. If you check Gunbroker, you will occasionally find barrels for sales there; prices vary widely from as low as $20 to over $100, good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts