1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,766 Posts
nicely done thanks

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Well done. Looks like you need a bigger case.

·
Premium Member
4,980 Posts
Gareth what can I say but outstanding!! That is just gorgeous furniture on that rifle! Congrats and great choice on the wood and stain!

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
Sweet!
I have to give you Brit's credit, you know how to do class and elegance in firearms!
Even if you have to import them. :)

Vooch

ETA - Looks like you added height at the comb with that stock. Does it improve eye alignment with the scope?

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Sweet!
I have to give you Brit's credit, you know how to do class and elegance in firearms!
Even if you have to import them. :)
Vooch
ETA - Looks like you added height at the comb with that stock. Does it improve eye alignment with the scope?
Vooch the original stock was to short I had fitted an 1" spacer together with a recoil pad together with a comb raiser under a ammo carrier. It fitted and worked but looked really terrible and ugly. I am lucky in the that the boys at Lance Nicholson are friends and things are done as they used to be, a man is taken at his word. They said that George Petersen at Treebone carving could not have been more helpful or obliging the stock blank was supplied extra long at no extra charge. The high comb is termed shotgun style and is available in strait or pistol grip.

Yes it does help with eye alignment and allows perfect stock weld, James who did the work is the same build as I am so what fits one fits the other. We have proved this to many times with shot guns. He also did the final fit to the same size as the existing with a few improvements.
I shot the best group yet with the new stock due to perfect fit. I have no problems importing a Marlin it just feels so very right in the hand and as has been written many times the 30-30 is just such a well balanced cartridge. I am lucky in the fact I have some nice rifles, now my 336 is one of the nicest and I love a lever action. Well worth the doing and I cannot recommend the suppler or gun smith highly enough. This is now a working rifle that stays in its slip in the Land Rover cab. Thanks to all from across the pond,

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
Nice to know the Marlin 336 and .30-30 Win work as well across then pond as they do over here!
Enjoy that custom Marlin and spread the word to your countrymen.

Vooch

1 - 11 of 11 Posts