Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have any information on the Marlin 322? It's a bolt varmint rifle with a Sako action. I own one and was wondering if anyone else did.

G

·
Seen a few around at shows. Seems to me they are never cheap. Could be wrong but I believe they made them in 22 Hornet also.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
model 322

Tag,

The Marlin 322 was made from 1954 to 1958 in 222 cal only. A total of 5859 of them were produced. It seems they were never too popular because Micro-groove rifling & the 222 cartridge aren't as compatible as everybody would like. Marlin received numerous complaints of accuracy problems.

The receivers were made by Sako, and the serial numbers are not of a consecutive block. I would think that with the greater variety of powders available today, glass bedding and frequent cleaning with a modern copper solvent these would shoot just fine. - Only a guess as I don't actually have one. SW

·
Registered
58 Posts
Marlin 322 Sako riihimaki pic

Re: Marlin model 322. I just bought one of these rifles. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet but I will report back when I do. It's a beautiful rifle but I do need to find a magazine as this one did not come with one.

Weagle

·
Banned
461 Posts
I have the Varmint King, almost the same thing as the 322, just a different barrel, and it's a super accurate shooter. I shot competition with it, which was between the Firefighters and the Police and out scored them taking 1st place with it. It was open sights at 100 yards.

I've not let the police snipers live it down that they were outshot by a firefighter! :wink: :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts