Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to look at a new pickup today then I went to the gunstore to check things out[just in case]I had every intention of going to the gunsmiths from there and putting 50.00 on a [email protected] in 30-30 w/ some wear,well I found a Mod.336 S.C. in 32 Win.spl.[K prefix]both have a full length bbl and half mags.The 336 has a Williams peep on it ,all good metal and wood and isn't drilled for scope bases I didn't have a .32 and the price was $225.00 what do ya think?[ the 36 isn't going anywhere for awhile]Shootrj2003

·
Administrator
23,798 Posts
Same price I paid for my 336A in .32. You done good, now have fun.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sounds like a great price for an untapped SC. I'd vote for the 336----and if things go well-----the 36 down the road too :D

Guess it depends on which one you need/want/like the most.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Good find!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Brought her home today with a box of ammo I'm gonna clean it when I'm done with this computer I can't get over the shape its in[nice]maybe I'll try and figure out the picture thing again,posting them elludes me so far.Shootrj2003

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I looked that rifle over tonight and found some interesting things,there is only two blemishes in the blueing,one is a 1/2" section just above the front of the ejection port of slight rust.The other is a 1/4 " circular spot on the bottom of the mag tube 2" back from the front tip.<P>
It's missing the original rear sight an insert is in the dovetail and it's missing the sling loop from the fore-end cap<P>
The rest of the blue is unworn with no rust including the crown-very dark blueing right up to the rifling[Has not been fired much]also no wear on the loading gate.<P>
Wood-factory finish is perfect with no blemishes,Bullseye int.,sling swivel int.,buttplate -no sign of removal.<P>
Only three screws appear to have ever been touched,the lever screw,one fore-end cap screw,and the magazine cap holding screw all the others have no sign of ever being touched.<P>
It seems like this rifle has been fired verylittle in its 51 year ol existence yet by it's modifications used by some one who know,s a little about hunting because they installed a Williams FP on it and modified the fore-end cap for a Q.D. style sling loop.I think this rifle is the best one I've aquired.It's strange to figure how it stayed this nice in all those years.I don't mean to bore anyone ,I just find that interesting.shootrj2003

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
It sound's like you found a nice gun. Who knows how these guns drift around waiting to used. The .357 I got the other day has seen some use and abuse but not much. The action is tight as I would expect on a new gun. I spent a random hour yesterday just working the action to begin breaking it in.
I don't know thw availability of the .32 win.spl but thats got to be a great round to shoot w/o freaking the neibors. I shot my 94' yesterday w/ 38 spls and I almost felt there was no need for ear plugs. We actualy used a bit of tissue. There is a 18" bluff that drops down to the marsh on our family property that we were shooting into. The past few years the lots on the river have been raized over and the houses their building max out the 50'-100' widths on the water. Every one is also building closer to the bluff so I doing my best to keep everyone aclimated to the sound of gunfire. The .32 colt pistol I have is a bit much because of the crack of the short barrel, Your rifle should have a nice report. Get your Pics up!
cw

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
rj,

Ya done good!! :D One of the perks of shooting the 32 spl is that you will often find components on sale, there being few people who shoot it these days. Contrary to what most reloading manuals say, these can be made to shoot.

So what kind of pickup do you fancy? I have also been looking at new examples. SW

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
when I bought the rifle the dies I had been eyeballin' for that caliber had dissapeared so I just missed them! As far as trucks I'm tossed up about Ford or Dodge 250 or 2500 series with all the goodies.Ive never been in a position to buy what I want new and at last I got the choice so I'm gonna go for it.Shootrj2003

·
Registered
979 Posts
I 'm looking for a 32Spec. If anyone wants to get rid of theres,
Let me Know,please , thaks

Buckeye

1 - 11 of 11 Posts