Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Super Moderator
14,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can buy .32 ammo it is Remington ammo 165 grain. By the looks of the box it is old. The guy wants 30.00 a box or 150.00 for all 5 boxes. I don't have anything that shoots it. Is that a good deal and is the stuff hard to come by? It is .32 Remington Klean bore ammo.

· Super Moderator
14,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I was thinking King. I was on the phone with the guy a few minutes ago and told him I would buy all of it. I am meeting him at my office in the morning to get it. What is funny is I was in a gun shop today and there was a nice looking rifle and I could tell it was old. The owner said something about it looked so new because it was a .32 and nobody had ammo. I am happy to say it is a Winchester so I will not buy it. If I don't find buyers for the ammo (I think I will keep one box just because it is older) I will go back by there and try and sell it to him so he can sell the rifle.:biggrin:

· Super Moderator
14,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea, I was just doing some research and see that. Looks like I will need to sell it as old ammo.:) The boxes look to be in good shape. From what I can tell there were not a lot of rifles made that shoot this cartridge other than Remingtons. I guess I will need to find a shop with a .32 cal. Remington not the Winchester as I see they had their own cartridge.

· Super Moderator
14,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah .32 Rem is different than .32 win spl. I have a Remington Model 14 chambered .32 Rem. Picked it up for about $350 I think. Problem was ammo was scarce if you could find it at all. For about 2 years I bought every box I could find between $40-50 per box. For what you are paying I think you can't go wrong. Like one of the other posters said you could make some money if you put it on gunbroker.
Thanks Matt. I jumped on it because I knew It was not out there for sale in the stores and it was old with the boxes in good shape. I have learned more thanks to people like you and reading that there are different .32 rifle cart. out there. I hope I don't start collecting older ammo and boxes now. I don't need another bad habit. I figure $150.00 for 100 rounds of any ammo is not that bad these days. Even if I need a vice and a hammer to shoot it. :biggrin:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.