Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can buy .32 ammo it is Remington ammo 165 grain. By the looks of the box it is old. The guy wants 30.00 a box or 150.00 for all 5 boxes. I don't have anything that shoots it. Is that a good deal and is the stuff hard to come by? It is .32 Remington Klean bore ammo.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Buy it

I would buy it, even if I didn't have a rifle that shoots it. You could always sell it on gunbroker for twice that. As a side note, I shot a deer this year with a Remington model 81 in .32 Remington. 60-70 years ago it was a well thought of caliber. Guns like the Remington models 14, 141, 81 and standard arms all came in this caliber-as well as the stevens 425. you will most find it with 170gr bullets. they last made factory ammo for this in the 60's. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
12,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I was thinking King. I was on the phone with the guy a few minutes ago and told him I would buy all of it. I am meeting him at my office in the morning to get it. What is funny is I was in a gun shop today and there was a nice looking rifle and I could tell it was old. The owner said something about it looked so new because it was a .32 and nobody had ammo. I am happy to say it is a Winchester so I will not buy it. If I don't find buyers for the ammo (I think I will keep one box just because it is older) I will go back by there and try and sell it to him so he can sell the rifle.:biggrin:

·
Registered
309 Posts
.32 special

Dolphin, if the gun you looked at was a Winchester. that shoots .32 special ammo. this is not the same as .32 Remington ammo. .32 special is a rimed case. .32 Remington is not- it's rimless.

·
Premium Member
12,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea, I was just doing some research and see that. Looks like I will need to sell it as old ammo.:) The boxes look to be in good shape. From what I can tell there were not a lot of rifles made that shoot this cartridge other than Remingtons. I guess I will need to find a shop with a .32 cal. Remington not the Winchester as I see they had their own cartridge.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Yeah .32 Rem is different than .32 win spl. I have a Remington Model 14 chambered .32 Rem. Picked it up for about $350 I think. Problem was ammo was scarce if you could find it at all. For about 2 years I bought every box I could find between $40-50 per box. For what you are paying I think you can't go wrong. Like one of the other posters said you could make some money if you put it on gunbroker.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
For sure there are always a few old Rem pump 14, 141? for sale on Gun Broker in that caliber, not much in the way of ammo, the ammo should sell well. Read somewhere the 6.8 SPC was based off a modification of that case. It is also a unique case, that can't be easily formed from any other.

·
Premium Member
12,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah .32 Rem is different than .32 win spl. I have a Remington Model 14 chambered .32 Rem. Picked it up for about $350 I think. Problem was ammo was scarce if you could find it at all. For about 2 years I bought every box I could find between $40-50 per box. For what you are paying I think you can't go wrong. Like one of the other posters said you could make some money if you put it on gunbroker.
Thanks Matt. I jumped on it because I knew It was not out there for sale in the stores and it was old with the boxes in good shape. I have learned more thanks to people like you and reading that there are different .32 rifle cart. out there. I hope I don't start collecting older ammo and boxes now. I don't need another bad habit. I figure $150.00 for 100 rounds of any ammo is not that bad these days. Even if I need a vice and a hammer to shoot it. :biggrin:

·
Registered
395 Posts
I just picked up a rem model 14 in .32 rem, and 5 boxes of ammo came with ot, old dirty ammo, cardboard was about falling apart on two of the boxes
got it all kinda cheap, what would the ammo be worth on gun broker>>
never tought about re selling it, but hey?? it wasn't a gun I wanted, just a buy I couldn't say no to? LOL
any one have a ball park idea on what say 3 full boxes in decent shape of rem .32 rem ammo would go for?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts