Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Interesting rifle. I will have to check one out when they become available. Parley

·
Registered
212 Posts
I called Marlin 2 days ago and they told me that it would be the end of Aug. before the 32 mags were ready. Maybe they moved the date up? I have had one on order since Dec or Jan. so I should get one pretty quick when they are released. I don't want them to get here to quick because I still have to recover from my Win. 1895 .405 getting here this week! :>)

·
Registered
623 Posts
Crazy Horse,
I ordered mine in Nov. as soon as I heard they were coming. My dealer called his supplier today and all they could say was none have been shipped. I don't care if I'm not first to get mine as long as I get one. The first thing I'm going to do is get a Marble's tang sight mounted on it. I already have the sight and a box of bullets loaded and ready to run through it.

C.S.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I placed my order January '04; and my dealer recently told me delivery looks like September.

Good things come to those who wait...

·
Registered
212 Posts
Anybody got any new information on when they will be out? I guess it's still Sept.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Still waiting here too. I keep checking with my dealer who checks with his distributors and no word yet there either.

Have had one on order with a deposit to the dealer since the begining of the year.

Still hoping. Brass, bullets, bullets, dies, and powder are sitting here waiting......

·
Registered
623 Posts
GLC,

You got components waiting, I've had a couple boxes loaded and ready since about Feb. I've seen where some people have reported problems with thier .32-20's. I guess Marlin doesn't want the same thing to happen with the .32 Mag. So they're taking a little more time to get the kinks ironed out. At least that's what I'm telling myself to get me to keep waiting for it.

C.S.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Carolina Sorillo said:
GLC,

You got components waiting, I've had a couple boxes loaded and ready since about Feb. I've seen where some people have reported problems with thier .32-20's. I guess Marlin doesn't want the same thing to happen with the .32 Mag. So they're taking a little more time to get the kinks ironed out. At least that's what I'm telling myself to get me to keep waiting for it.

C.S.
What troubles have been reported?
I guess I'm lucky but mine is ok so far.
jim.e

·
Registered
212 Posts
MY dealer called Marlin today and they told him that it will be November before any of the 32 mags ship. I ordered mine Dec. 23rd of 03.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I thought I'd reserct this post one more time. I called Marlin yesterday to get the lastest word on the .32 Mag. The good lady I talked to said it is scheduled for manufacture next month. We might gett'em in time to shoot our Thankgiving turkey's.

C.S.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I just got me a Ruger single six 32mag with the birdshead grip, bright s.steel and black marcita grips. It will be a great gun to go with the marlin. It is a fun caliber to load and shoot. I am shooting Starline brass with 3.5 gr Unique and a 115 gr cast bullet. I had to file the front sight down some on the Ruger but I have it hitting good now. I should get one of the first to get the marlin since I have had it ordered since last Dec. :)

·
Registered
623 Posts
I got one of those little BHG .32's last year. After a couple trips back to Ruger I've got a pretty good little shooter. I got a group just over 1 1/4" from 10 yards, using a 115 gr. fn over 2.1gr. of Unique in Starline cases. I don't recommend this load as it's a little light, but it is the most accurate I've found in my pistol. The more I load and shoot this round the more I like it. It's easy on your wallet, easy on the shooter and a "handful" of ammo will last you a pretty good while. If the Marlin .32 is half what I'm expecting the small game and varmints around here better watch out.

C.S.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I forgot to mention, I'm thinking of trying 20gr. of 777 under that same 115gr. pill for cowboy shooting, Frontier Cartridge style. My only worry is that the spotters won't be able to hear the targets ting after the boom of the 777(notice I said "ting" and not "clang" :lol: )

C.S.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Just loaded one and stepped out back to touch'er off. At 7 yards it was 1 1/2" low and about 3" to the right. But, worst of all it also split the case. So, I trimmed the spout on the flask that I'm using for a measure. Loaded another and tried it. From 7 yards it was 1/2" low and maybe 1/4" to the right. So I loaded up about 20 more and shot them with no more problems. Then came in and wiped the gun down with a warm damp paper towel. You can't tell it's been shot!! I think I like 777 :D .

C.S.

·
Registered
212 Posts
C.S.... What was wrong with your Ruger? I just found a used Single Six 4 5/8" with Adj. sights. The shop wants $359 for it. They have quit making the Adj. sight models. I have heard they are going for a good bit more than that now. I am thinking about buying it. Do you think that is a good deal? I think the ultimate would be to have a 32 mag in a Bisley!

·
Registered
623 Posts
Crazy Horse,

The first .32 I got leaded like crazy after only 15 to 20 rounds. So I slugged the barrel. One groove was .004" deeper than the others. I sent it back and they sent me a new gun. I only had the new one about a week and something inside broke while dry fire practicing(with snap caps). So it went back on Monday and came back the following Monday. After sending them copies of my shipping reciepts I was reimbursed for my shipping on both guns. I have no problems or complaints with Strum, Ruger & Co. I know guns are man made and are going to have problems and evidently they know it too and are willing to stand behind their products. Rugers are the only handguns I buy now.

I have never really been in the market for an adj. sight .32 but I have seen some on the inernet auction sites. That price doen't sound too bad if it's in really good condition. A Bisley man huh. I thought the BHG was the ultimate. I have always wanted a Colt Lightning but can't afford one in the condition I want and from what I've read and heard about them they're not that reliable anyway. Oh yeah, they're not SASS legal either. So the Rugers are my Lightning's. I am thinking about getting another .32 BHG but blued this time because I don't want 2 identical guns. I gave some thought to getting another SS and getting the barrel cut down to 3 3/4" like the 45.'s. But, I think that might get pricey.

C.S.

·
Registered
212 Posts
CS, Did you know that Cimarron (Uberti) has a beautiful little single action lightning convertable 32mag/ 32-20. I want one bad. I think they come in 3 lengths from 3 1/2" to 5 1/2". I have never shot a Uberti pistol. I have 3 of there rifles and the quality is excelent!

I really like the birdshead grip but I also like the bisley. The birdshead looks better.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts