Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand the differences in cartridge. Is one more accurate than the other? I am not into cowboy shooting, I simply want the most accurate round. From what I have seen, the older bottleneck cartridges are always a bit tighter gas seal. Does this impart more accuracy? I would like to get both the CB 32 mag and the 32-20, but I will only get one. I am leaning towards the 32-20.

Any help?

·
Premium Member
9,145 Posts
Now Dr A.,
You know I have the ANSWER for you :D ...... BUY BOTH!!! Save your self the internal struggle :wink:

·
Premium Member
5,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alan, You always have the simple solution... :wink: What would I do without your help. Honestly, I need the most accurate gun to beat YOU.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can't tell you about the rifles but a model 16-4 S&W in 32 mag is by far the most accurate handgun I own,& I have a bunch. :D

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have two 32-20 leverguns. I love both of them. I have a marlin 32 Mag ordered but it has not came in so I cant compair the two yet. One thing to think about is how much easier the 32 Mags are to load. You can get carbide dies so you don't have to lube cases and you don't have to expand the case necks in a seprate step. I figure the 32 mag cases will last longer too.

G

·
I bought an 1894 CCL in 32-20 last summer. But I plan on getting one of the new 1894 CL's in 32-20 this year if they come out anytime soon :!: Also if I ever get to see the 32 Cowboy in person , I will probably need one of those also :!:

·
Registered
212 Posts
My 32-20 CB Ltd. is accuate. I have not shot it at long range but with my cast loads I hit most every thing I shoot at out to 40 yards. I shot some targets at 25 yards and 10 shots made a ragged hole the size of a quarter. I also have a Browning 53 in 32-20. It is the best looking levergun I have ever picked up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts