Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for this rifle for a very long time. I watched one sell today on GB for $2120 (by time it reached the buyers FFL). I think this would be a great rifle for a young female.

My question is this, did Marlin make the cowboy rifle only for this caliber, or are other models available in this caliber? And do all Marlin rifles in 32H&R Magnum have the JM stamp?

·
Premium Member
2,151 Posts
I have been looking for this rifle for a very long time. I watched one sell today on GB for $2120 (by time it reached the buyers FFL). I think this would be a great rifle for a young female.

My question is this, did Marlin make the cowboy rifle only for this caliber, or are other models available in this caliber? And do all Marlin rifles in 32H&R Magnum have the JM stamp?

Henry has a Fed 327 Mag lever rifle that is outstanding. The small caliber in the octagon barrel makes it forward heavy and a great silhouette rifle. The receiver is D'd & T'd for easy scope mount or Peep Sight installation. I have shot both. I prefer the 327 cartridge over the H&R Mag and the overall feel with the little additional barrel weight of the Henry.

·
Banned
589 Posts
Years ago I looked pretty hard never did find one. Ended up with an original 32-20. Some of the stuff I looked past because I was fixated on that .32 Cowboy makes me shake my head now.

·
Premium Member
2,151 Posts
Years ago I looked pretty hard never did find one. Ended up with an original 32-20. Some of the stuff I looked past because I was fixated on that .32 Cowboy makes me shake my head now.
Hind sight is always 20/20. You cannot believe the stuff that I had a chance to own in the mid 70's, I worked in a LGS. Did not see a need then. Who would have know the values today!

·
Registered
997 Posts
About 15 years ago, I held a .32 H&R and a .218 Bee in my hands on the same day in the same LGS and could have bought them both for around $900 because nobody wanted them and the owner was wanting to move them out the door. Being short of cash to buy them both, I wasn't even smart enough to buy one of them. But in my defense, I was paying for braces for 2 teenage kids!
I agree with the post on the .327 Federal in a Henry - can't wait to get my hands on one when the factory gets them out into distribution again. Have a couple of .327 Federal handguns that I really like - especially the versatility.

·
Registered
117 Posts

This is the only model ever offered by Marlin in 32 H&R Magnum. There was another Cowboy rifle produced in 32-20 Win (500 made in 2003), but it is probably harder to find than the 32 Mag. All of the Marlin Cowboy 32 H&R Mag rifles were made in North Haven, thus have the "JM" stamp. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
693 Posts
They only made them for for a little over a year. End of one year through the beginning of a third. The dates escape me now. There are plenty of old threads back when they were an item of discussion.

I was fortunate to obtain two. They will go to my kids.

Pure joy to shoot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts