Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought an '89 30aw for $120 on wednesday. Gun is in good shape. Metal is pretty straight but, the wood has got some good dings. Cheap enough so I didn't care. The action is definitely rougher than my other 336s and you need to take the slack out of the trigger before it'll shoot. I know I've seen it posted here on how to slick up the action and help the trigger. Or at least a link to the info. Help! Rick

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, those are the links I'm probably looking for. I'm more than a little handy on anything mechanical but it never hurts to know the right way. I usually completely strip any used marlin down to the last part and clean and look for wear marks. Just haven't had this one long enough to get to it as yet. Those links are going to get read before I try to adjust the trigger. Thanks for the help! :D Rick

·
Registered
394 Posts
Brownell has an aftermarket mainspring and Wild West has their outstanding trigger kit. Who offers the one-piece firing pin? My new Model 410 was very rough and took quite a bit of stoning to smooth things up. I added the WWest trigger and was astounded at the difference it made. It is somewhat spendy, though, at $85.00. The Marauder website offers excellent tips and instructions. Good Luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts