Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WellI finally got a chance to get my new to me Marlin lever 30AS zeroed @100yds. I got her on paper previously but this time was a confirmation/check out a different bullet.
I originally stuck with the Speer 150 RN but had some Nosler 150gr Ballistic Silvertips that were'nt being used.
So a max charge of (38.5C) Hodgdon LeverEvolution for each I set off to the range. My first 3 shots were with the Speers. I allowed the barrel to cool and fired 3 Nosler ST.
The Noslers grouped 1" but high and left 2.5"
Speers were just 1.5" left of bullseye. and 1.5" group. I'm pretty happy with both but I'll use the Speers for this years hunt and maybe switch to the Noslers next year.
Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
9,156 Posts
That's meat in the freezer right there. Congrats! DP

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Good deal! I take it the grid has 1/2" squares then?

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Nice!

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Very nice meat in the freezer for sure

·
Registered
54 Posts
I use the 150 Speer FP over 33.0 Gr of Vargat with 1 1/2 - 2.0 inch groups at 100 yards with factory iron sights. The bullet performs well on up to 200 pound whitetails at under 100 yards range in northern Wisconsin cover.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Was your very first shot the one closest to center? Had you clean the barrel since the previous outing? My 336 needs a fouling shot or two after cleaning the barrel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts