Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was "one of them deals!?"
I stopped by the BiMart yesterday to get some rings for a new/used Savage 110 I picked up Saturday, the sporting goods clerk told me that a lady stopped in earlier an had a "Marlin 30/30" for sale cheap, said she want's $160 for it, HHHHHMMMMMM!, she called the lady and gave her my phone # as she said she may have another interested party?, so anyway she called me last night and I picked it up on my way home tonight!
The serial# prefix shows a DOB in '77 in nice shape, needs a scrubbing, years worth of closet dust on it! but in pretty good shape, couldn't pass up the deal!

·
Registered
728 Posts
Wow. That is a good deal. Very good find, Wrenchman.

Where are the women like that in my life?

·
Registered
32,306 Posts
Are you Irish. As they say the luck of the Irish. 8) I wish I was in that situ.

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
As I have always said, why can’t I find a deal like that. It just isn’t fair. Great price on that rifle. Best of luck with it.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Lots of good things about that rifle from my perspective. It already has sling swivels, has a forend cap instead of barrel band, looks like it has the flat-top rear sight (my favorite), has a bead front sight instead of ramp sight (the bead is my favorite), and the front sight is located forward of the barrel band. Great deal for buyer & seller! :)

Cedar Creek

·
Registered
39 Posts
So the 30A is a good rifle? Reason for my asking is I have found one also but was wonderin about it or what if any problems were found with them?

·
Registered
9,157 Posts
Mine shoots great with 150gr Fed. from Wally World, almost to cheap to reload for. Of course mine shoots better cause it cost me almost twice what wrench man paid ::) ;D. Get it, they are good Marlins. DP

·
Registered
24 Posts
Glenfield 30a in good condition for $160! Excellent!

The Glenfield 30 line of Marlins were sold at Western Auto and such places. They came with stocks made from Beech, with all the mechanical devices same as a Marlin 336.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts