Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,417 Posts
The 308MXLR I bought off of M1Riflenut showed up yesterday at my LGS. First off thank you M1, great guy to deal with. Got a Vortex Diamondback 3x9 installed while I waited for the paperwork and had to fend off a would be buyer wanting to know if it was for sale. Went to the range and sighted her in today and am ready for deer season. My son tried to claim it, not gonna happen. Only have one pic for now. More to come.
Vehicle

·
Super Moderator
5,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It shot great when I did my part. There was a guy shooting a canon off next to me and it seemed like he shot a half a second before me almost every shot. Once he left, my groups tightened up a lot. Everything cycled smoothly. Very happy with it.

·
Super Moderator
12,713 Posts
It shot great when I did my part. There was a guy shooting a canon off next to me and it seemed like he shot a half a second before me almost every shot. Once he left, my groups tightened up a lot. Everything cycled smoothly. Very happy with it.
Lol I can relate to that. The first time I took my 308SDT out a guy showed up with an AR15 with a 7.62x39 upper with a huge muzzle brake and set up right beside me. The concussion from his gun was so bad that I was flinching so I packed up and went home. I went back later in the week and had the range to myself and found my groups went from 3" to 1" with the same ammo.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Lol I can relate to that. The first time I took my 308SDT out a guy showed up with an AR15 with a 7.62x39 upper with a huge muzzle brake and set up right beside me. The concussion from his gun was so bad that I was flinching so I packed up and went home. I went back later in the week and had the range to myself and found my groups went from 3" to 1" with the same ammo.
Maybe you need a ported 450 for the times those guys show up lol!

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I fell in love with the XLR Marlins after first seeing an advertisement in Nov05... Went on a waiting list in Jan05... and brought it home in Apr06... It was my first Marlin levergun and is what got the ball rolling for me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.