Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a little time off from work this morning to head to the range and try out a new to me 308MXLR i picked up a few weeks ago. It's a JM 2007 model with a Leupold VX-R scope. The rifle/scope combination seemed to work well and after a few shots and scope adjustments had her pretty close to grouping 2 inches high at 100 yards.

Then I decided to shoot the 450 a few times, took out the bolt and did a little old school bore sighting. Fired a few rounds and was on the paper and glad because she was kicking pretty hard today. Made a few adjustments and fired several more rounds, at which time i looked at my elbow because it was hurting and it was all bloody. the range table is covered with carpet and with my arm/elbow propped on the table and with every shoot the recoil pushed my elbow over the carpet. Should have worn a long sleeve shirt. Tried firing a few more rounds but I was flinching pretty bad, shoulder hurting to, so decide to call it a day for the 450.

Started back with the 308 for some fine adjustments, but it wasn't to be, the flinching carried over from the 450. Discouraged with myself and for the last shot and wanting to end the session on a positive note I forced myself to relax, not anticipate and squeeze the trigger and was pleasantly rewarded with a bullet hole perfectly placed.

Boy once you start flinching it's hard to overcome. Anyway here is a picture of the newest addition.

308MXLR.JPG

Reactions: mrguvna

·
Registered
440 Posts
I had a problem shooting the 45/70 guide for awhile and would flinch before I pulled the trigger . Got a limbsaver recoil pad and laced the lever , which helped a lot. Now I got the 308Mx laced up as well.Once you start to get tired go with a ,22 cal .

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
+1 on the 22. If I could shoot my marlins like my CZ 22 I'd be broke from buying ammo. Thanks Harry Snippe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts