Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a heads up . Gunbroker has a lot of it for sale. Kind of expensive but what isn’t right now. Might get a bargain if no one bids.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just a heads up . Gunbroker has a lot of it for sale. Kind of expensive but what isn’t right now. Might get a bargain if no one bids.
I've picked up 100 rounds but an average of 3.00 per round is quite painful. The big problem is I don't know how to do my own reloads and that equipment looks pretty expensive right now too. The biggest problem is I bought my Marlin .308 MXLR the first day it hit my lgs shelf, it was my first deer rifle and I harvested enough venison to feed my family for a year. I love my Marlin and need to keep her well fed.

·
Registered
20,300 Posts
Bass pro had Federal 150 gr for ~ $22/box of 20...yesterday! It's out there, just bein' bought up quick!

Reactions: Golphin

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
892311969 is one auction number being overlooked on GB, two lots of 320 rds Federal 308 soft points 150 and 180 gr, 20 round boxes, has 20 hours to go and not much activity, currently at 51 cents a round. Been watching it for a week, but don't need it now

Been spending a lot of time on GB the last week or so. At the peak good times, 7.62/308 FMJ new production got down to .72 cents a round, currently won bids seems to be 1.20 or more per round. I just bid on all the 500 round auctions at my max of .85 a round, or .80 cents on 200/250 round lots..do that lower price to offset all the shipping. Anyway lost 90% of my bids, but ended up with 1200 rounds averaged at .84 per round. Auctions that close in the middle night thru working hours seem to be the winners.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Clarification, I’m talking .308 marlin express.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
892311969 is one auction number being overlooked on GB, two lots of 320 rds Federal 308 soft points 150 and 180 gr, 20 round boxes, has 20 hours to go and not much activity, currently at 51 cents a round. Been watching it for a week, but don't need it now

Been spending a lot of time on GB the last week or so. At the peak good times, 7.62/308 FMJ new production got down to .72 cents a round, currently won bids seems to be 1.20 or more per round. I just bid on all the 500 round auctions at my max of .85 a round, or .80 cents on 200/250 round lots..do that lower price to offset all the shipping. Anyway lost 90% of my bids, but ended up with 1200 rounds averaged at .84 per round. Auctions that close in the middle night thru working hours seem to be the winners.
Thanks for the heads up! I just won one of those lots you posted for 375.00, so comes out to 1.17 per round plus shipping. I will be getting it paid for and shipped soon. Ironically those Federal Red and Whites are probably a couple to three decades old and are the bargain basement generic brand from back in that day. But for that much I can still use it for hunting and have the reloads as brass can hardly be found and if you do it's at least half to 2/3's the cost of this loaded ammo.

Reactions: electricmo

·
Registered
478 Posts
Not for a lever gun, but I was lucky enough to buy a good amount of FMJ several years ago at .40 a piece. Which has lasted for quite a while of normal plinking and provided all the brass I’ll ever need in .308.

·
Super Moderator
9,297 Posts
If you shoot any kind of non mainstream caliber you should definitely look into investing in reloading for them. The way times are now especially with Biden in office it won't be getting any better. I'm already seeing gas prices going up and they were pretty stable and going down when Trump was in office.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts