Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day fellows, my ss 308mx has developed a funny symptom, it has become lazy at ejecting either spent brass or cycling live ammo. I guess I've put around 800 or so rounds through it and it's been getting progressively worse.
The action is dismantled and cleaned regularly so filth is not the problem.

Anyone else had similar problems? If so, what was the fix?

I am no gunsmith but I think the ejector/spring assembly has seen better days.
If this is the problem, are the ejector/spring units generic throughout the 336 line or is it specific to the 308mx?
Thanks in advance for your advice and looking forward to your reply's

John

·
Super Moderator
17,222 Posts
G'day... It Sounds Like The Spring Getting Lazy To Me. Not Too Expensive To Try. I'm Pretty Sure They Are The Same Throughout The 336 Line, But Would Check At Numrich To See If Part #S Are The Same.

·
Super Moderator
17,222 Posts
I Realized Your Post Says SS, I'm Guessing That Means Your Rifle Is Stainless Steel? Might Be Harder To Find A Stainless Ejector. As Long As You Don't Mind The Little Blued Nubbin Sticking Out The Side Of The Receiver You Can Use A Blued one.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Bart, yes, you are right, ss is for stainless.
Re the little "nubbin" sticking out, no worries there, the rifle wears a Williams peep, all covered up.
Next job is to do as you advised, check the p/n on Numrich.
Thanks mate,
John

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
I'm curious. When you receive a new one check the strength on the worn part. Ive never heard of this spring becoming fatigued to the point it wouldn't function well.

What hoops do you have to jump thru to own a sporting rifle?

Ss

·
Premium Member
5,417 Posts
The WWG Bearproof ejector fits all Marlin centerfire levers and isn't beatable. ( WWG = Wild West Guns )

1 - 6 of 6 Posts