Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I decided to work up a load for my 308 MX, I had two empty boxes of shells so I resized them and made sure that over all length was correct, then I pulled the bullet and powder from a factory shell and weighed the powder that buy the way looks just like the leverevolution powder{I know you cant tell what powder it is by looking at it but it looks exactly the same} The red line load is 42.6 so I started at 41.0 and did .05 increase per five rounds till I got to 44.5 and will watch them for signs of presser till I get what I want, after reading the load post the other day for the 338 mx with A2520 witch was very good info so I figured since I have the Leverevolution powder I would go ahead and try it and then refine the best grouping load. Weather permitting some time this week.

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Let me know how it works out I'm interested in some of the LVR powder for my .308mx myself and tell us how many grains of powder you used to find your sweet spot!!!!

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will let You know what happins and I'm interested in how many Grs. are in the 338 factory loads so I'm going to pull the bullet out of one of them and weigh the powder. Dennis

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well today I went out and shot my reloads from 41.5 to 44.5 grains from the LE powder, all shot with no pressure signs at all but I never could get them to group like the factory LE loads. I'm not giving up but I may try to load down from 41.5 but thats a big reduction in FPS and not what i'm looking for. I can tell you that the ftx bullets aren't bonded as all I found of them were copper fragments and no lead, they seem to come apart real easy even in is soft dirt, not sure what to think about that. Any have any Ideas on loading the 308 ME with the new LE powder? Dennis

1 - 4 of 4 Posts