Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't help but notice that there's no MX picture thread. Every other Marlin has a good picture thread.
I know y'all like looking at pictures as much as I do. Plus it's always great to see different set ups.
So show of your Express rifles:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'll go first here's my 338MXLR. She's almost done just the way I want her. Only thing that's missing is a happy trigger that's on it's way and some black leather cuff and sling.
Sorry about the poor pictures. I'm not as good as some of you guy's with my photo shoots.
uploadfromtaptalk1406347045770.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1406347090045.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1406347110606.jpg

·
Administrator
28,341 Posts
Hey XMAN, good idea. Your 338mxlr turned out great.

Here is my 2007 JM 308MX, shoots 1/2 inch MOA at 100YDS. Great rifle with an excellent trigger and smooth action.

DSC00101_E35%_2.jpg DSC00111_E35%_2.jpg DSC00115_E35%_2.jpg DSC00124_E35%_2.jpg DSC00126_E35%_2.jpg

Jack

·
Administrator
28,341 Posts
Next is my 2008 JM 338MX, action and trigger work and shoots near 1/2 inch MOA at 100YDS. I plan on changing the scope:

DSC00147_E35%_2.jpg DSC00148_E35%.jpg DSC00158_E35%.jpg DSC00154_E35%.jpg DSC00160_E35%.jpg

Jack

·
Premium Member
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those are beautiful Jack! I'm starting to think I'm in need of one of them there 308MX's.
Not really that I need it but that's never stopped me before:)

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
This thread is going to be a good'un!!! Wish I could contribute... But alas... I'm outta luck... So far!!

Reactions: oleroy and JACKTW

·
Premium Member
2,809 Posts
My 308MXLR that I got from kingstrider. Has an XS full rail, large loop by Muleman, para cord lever wrap and sports a Nikon ProStaff 3-9X40.

Attachments

·
Administrator
28,341 Posts
Those are beautiful Jack! I'm starting to think I'm in need of one of them there 308MX's.
Not really that I need it but that's never stopped me before:)
Thanks XMAN! I love these Express rifles capability to deliver all that potent down range energy on game. And if one happens to be close, well, the extra energy never hurts.

Now, you know what they say, a man can never have too many toys. :flute: So, I'll be sure to tell Jay and we'll begin our search for a super nice 308MX for you. Hey, the least we can do is help you spend your hard earned money. :biggrin:

Jack

Reactions: XMAN and oleroy

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
Totally not prepared for this pic show but had these in a album. Oh yeah the fish isn't a Marlin.:flute:
T:biggrin: NY
PS. the XLR with the scope is a 336XLR-35R and if I bought it first I wouldn't have bought the 308/338 express rifle "maybe".

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My 308MXLR that I got from kingstrider. Has an XS full rail, large loop by Muleman, para cord lever wrap and sports a Nikon ProStaff 3-9X40.
Beautiful rifle hemi1011!
It's like a tween to my 338mxlr.
Grate mind's think alike:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Totally not prepared for this pic show but had these in a album. Oh yeah the fish isn't a Marlin.:flute:
PS. the XLR with the scope is a 336XLR-35R and if I bought it first I wouldn't have bought the 308/338 express rifle "maybe".
308/338 those are some beautiful rifles!
I'd love myself one of those 336MXLR's in 35rem. If I ever run into one I'd definitely make the sacrifice and buy it. No matter how much trouble I'd get into with the better half:)
Is the fish a halibut? If so that's some of best eating the ocean has to offer.

Reactions: 308/338

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
I have owned many of rifles in my life time but always wanted a 35 cal. but something more powerful than a 35 rem... So I bought a BLR 358 Win. then a 356 win. reasoning I already had a Rem. 760 in 35 rem. But I wasn't satisfied till I saw it advertised in a dealer flyer "Zandy" for less then $500... So through my gun club I tried to buy it but by the time i called they were sold out. So I call Elliot brothers and they had them but $550. + tax and $14. shipped to my clubs FFl holder. I was the Tuesday range officer so no charge for the FFL transaction. I'm more happier with this rifle than the 308/338 express rifle because in my opinion its the most practical rifle out of the three.

The fish is a flounder that are in season now in my area off shore of Coney Island Brooklyn NYC and very tasty too.
PS. The fish Is a Fluke not a flounder . The difference between the two is the Fluke eyes and mouth are on the opposite. Its like your hands if you lied down flat the up side are opposite. The fish is flat and lied flat on the sea floor the two eyes are on the up side and the mouth looks sideways. the fish looks like it was run over by a truck.

Reactions: XMAN

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
I'm envious, I have the rifles but not the time to post pics - frustrating. Maybe I'll have a little time next week. One of these days I'm going to slow down long enough to get a whiff of spent gun powder.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Marlin 338MX left side view.JPG 024.JPG
The first gun is my 338MX which, although not seen as clearly as I would prefer in the photo, features an extremely well-grained set of factory walnut furniture. The second pic is of my 308MX, which also features very nice factory walnut stocks; but not as dark, or as nicely figured as those on the 338MX. The 338MX is my all time favorite Marlin lever rifle
. DSC00229.jpg DSC00232.jpg DSC00233.jpg
And changing the subject slightly to my second most favorite Marlin lever rifle is this 336ER on which I have installed up-graded factory set of original checkered walnut stocks. This is really a classy looking rifle; and although my photography skills leave far too much glare, I believe one can still get an idea of the nice figure in this stock set.

·
Administrator
28,341 Posts
Some great Marlins with some awesome furniture you have there Squirrel Brain. Love em all but that 336ER is especially nice.

Jack

Reactions: XMAN

·
Super Moderator
25,173 Posts
Here is a pic of my 2012 308MX (Remlin) on the left and my 2008 338MX on the right. The 308MX has produced 4 DRT deer for me so far since buying it in early 2012. I just bought the 338MX about a month ago and have only been able to shoot at the 60 yard targets at my LGS range. I am hoping to get it out again later this week to dial it in at 100 yards. Both rifles have Redfield Revolution 2-7X33mm scopes mounted.
DSCN0647.JPG

1 - 20 of 21 Posts