Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
303 sav brass

The dies should be no big deal - especially the 32 spl. 303 Sav brass is another matter altogether. It hasn't been made by anyone for quite some time. I make my own from 220 Swift. The rim dimensions aren't what I would prefer, but they function well through my 1899's. I like 303 made from 30-40 a LOT better, but it's pretty labor-intensive, and you would need access to a machine shop for the home made die to swage the heads to the proper diameter. On the Savage collectors forum ( www.24hourcampfire.com ) there has been recent talk of a special run of 303 Sav brass by a "major" manufacturer. You can read up on the topic there. If you're interested in making your own 303 Sav, I will provide details. SW

·
Registered
957 Posts
Lee offers both in their Limited Production Series. List is only $30 and you should get a substantial discount from one of the mail order houses.

On the really cheap, you can necksize and seat the .303 Savage in a set of .308 Win dies. That's what I did the only time I ever had occasion to load for that caliber. If you happened to have a set of 8x57 dies you did not mind shortening slightly, you could do the same with the .32 Win Special. I'd do that one without the expander ball, though.

·
Registered
154 Posts
bgl0b6 -

We've been picking up rcbs die sets for orphaned rounds on eBay for $7-10 + shipping [and in/with the newer square corner rcbs plastic boxes, ie, 1980s-90s production]... actually picked up dies for both the 32ws and 303 that way.

do shoot straight,
greg
www.gmdr.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts