Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as mentioned I picked this gun up for 100 bucks used. I stripped and refinished the birch stock and forend with 2 coats of redwood stain and 5 coats of tru-oil. Sorry for no picks but cant find our camera. Well needless to say I went to the range for the first time with it and she shoots better then any bolt gun I have in my safe with the 160 levolution ammo. I had to walk down to the 100 yard target because all 3 holes were touching each other. Going to be a hard decision deer season as those more expensive guns might not see much shooting time.

·
Super Moderator
15,823 Posts
Nice shooting!! Them TKs are the Marlin sleeper, scary accurate. Curious though as to where the rounds impacted compared to a standard 150 or 170 round. I think my TK throws them 160s up 6"- 7" and right 2"-3". Mr fixit

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
first time even taking it out and the only ammo I picked up was that. was able to get it for 22 bucks at a dicks store near me. I am going to buy the bullets and powder and hopefully continue to get that accuracy reloading. If not I will try some of the standard rem and winchester and when hunting comes around you can usually get it for under 10 bucks a box. I can use it for trigger time anyway and use that ammo for hunting.

·
Super Moderator
15,823 Posts
I've amended my post, have some of the 160's reloaded with the new LeverEvolution powder, hope to get off some rounds tomorrow. By the way, Federal 170 gr power shoks work pretty good in the TK. Keep the guys posted as to how things goes. Mr fixit

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
will do. next is to get the glenfield 30a to the range that i bought also. if that shoots this good I will really have a problem,

·
Registered
9,157 Posts
My 30A shoots the 150 Federals almost as good as your TK shot the LE's. Less than $12 at WalMart. DP

·
Premium Member
7,974 Posts
Deerhunter said:
Well as mentioned I picked this gun up for 100 bucks used. I stripped and refinished the birch stock and forend with 2 coats of redwood stain and 5 coats of tru-oil. Sorry for no picks but cant find our camera. Well needless to say I went to the range for the first time with it and she shoots better then any bolt gun I have in my safe with the 160 levolution ammo. I had to walk down to the 100 yard target because all 3 holes were touching each other. Going to be a hard decision deer season as those more expensive guns might not see much shooting time.
Can't find the camera? That don't cut it here ... we need pcitures ;D.

I know you were kidding about the more expensive guns not seeing much shooting time but these Marlins deserve as much shooting time as any expensive setup. I've got a few nice bolt rifle setups that aren't going anywhere soon but none please me as much as any Marlin when pulling the trigger.

bjm

·
Super Moderator
15,823 Posts
Probably Regular Carbine. I do believe the Royal Canadians have the Canadian Maple leaf on it. It was located between Royal (leaf)Canadian in the roll stamp. Mr fixit

·
Super Moderator
15,823 Posts
Your Welcome for the assist...BTW I'm no expert, there are lots here more learned than I at these things. I am learning myself however and that is due to everyone here at MO, all bring something to the table...and now so can you with your "new" knowledge! ;D Mr fixit

·
Registered
6,991 Posts
Mr. Fixit; My main concern, because I have never "collected" anything is that if this rifle would "really" be worth something I would much rather sell it than use or modify it. I was thinking of doing a restoration or such and changing the stocks out. So, it looks like I am good to go on that.................and yes, I have learned a lot on this forum, thanks to helpful folks such as yourself! Thanks again! FT

1 - 16 of 16 Posts