Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
***SOLD P.F.***

MARLIN 336 TEXAN SADDLE RING CARBINE. Cal. 30-30. Serial # AC23XXX puts date of manufacture at 1967, made at the height of Marlin quality before Remington ruined this fine old brand (end of rant). I would rate this one at an easy 98%+. No bluing wear or buggered screws and excellent dark walnut stocks. There is one 1 1/2" long, thin safe ding in the left side of the butt stock which would probably steam out. Previous owner installed sling studs and did a very clean installation. It has an excellent bore, and feeds, fires, and ejects with absolutely no issues. This is a really nice pre Remington Marlin, and I think you'd be hard put to find a 44 year old Marlin in better condition - No disappointments here. Price is firm at $525.00, and includes insured delivery to your FFL. Not looking for any trades at the moment. Questions, info, or more photos: 2527457821 or 3855HL(at)gmail(dot)com.
** NOTE ** >> Sorry to say the sight hood shown in the photos seems to have run away from home. Took it to the range a few days after the pics, & removed the hood for shooting. It's out there in the grass somewhere & I can't find that rascal.

Gun Firearm Shotgun Trigger Air gun
Gun Rifle Firearm Trigger Air gun
Gun Rifle Firearm Trigger Air gun
Firearm Gun Trigger Shotgun Revolver

·
Super Moderator
26,091 Posts
Thank goodness I already have two Texans--don't need another--don't need another--don't need another------!

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts
Thank goodness I already have two Texans--don't need another--don't need another--don't need another------!
Me neither me. Neither. Me neither! O Boy! Me Neither.?.?.? Or do I?

·
Super Moderator
26,091 Posts
I can't help you out this time, Fran! I just blew my mad money on a 338MX--this one is ALL yours! :biggrin:

Reactions: Scorpiusb

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Jayb - There is no white line spacer, but I suspect the stock is original because the inletting is perfect, looks like the wood is growing out of the metal. I'd guess some time over the last 44 years, a previous owner removed it. Actually, I think I prefer the looks without it.

·
Super Moderator
5,143 Posts
I'll let you know if I hear back from him.
Don't need a whole lot of pushin on a rifle like this.

·
Premium Member
7,659 Posts
BTT This is crazy that this is still here. Got A guy coming sunday to look at my Rossi . If he buys it I may get this just because. You procrastinators have been warned.
You may have to buy A remlin............For more $

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts
BTT This is crazy that this is still here. Got A guy coming sunday to look at my Rossi . If he buys it I may get this just because. You procrastinators have been warned.
You may have to buy A remlin............For more $
I hear'ya Gater... I was gonna grab it, but found out I needed another 45-70 instead :shot:.. :flute:....
Now I gotta tell'ya, I still want this one BAD!!!! It's a Beautiful Gun for it's age! :congrats::congrats:

Soooo, like Gater said if'n you want it you better Act Quickly... :flute:....:biggrin:....:marchmellow:

GLWS :tee:
BloodGroove4570

·
Super Moderator
26,091 Posts
Yes--this rifle is fantastic! But--just bought a 338MX and I have two 30-30=0 Texans already. I can't justify this one--or can I? :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.