Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am picking up my new Henry side loader in 30-30 this week! This is my first Henry and I am very excited. I am debating whether to order some Skinner sights or a scope, the rifle will serve as a gun gun and also double as a backup deer rifle. Peep sights would be a new adventure for me on a centerfire rifle.

·
Super Moderator
26,022 Posts
Congrats and be sure to post pictures of your new Henry. I loved peep sights when my eyes were good. But their comes a time when you need to see what your shooting at so all my levers wear scopes now. I mount them as low as possible and they handle great.

When Henry adds the loading gate to the 45-70 BBS, I'll buy one.

Jack

·
Registered
257 Posts
Yep, pics and more importantly a range report soon!

As a less expensive alternative to Skinner sights (and if the holes on your receiver are correct) a Williams WGRS-336 can be used on a Henry.

I have one on my BBB .357 and to eliminate it hanging off the rear of the receiver I mounted it in REVERSE and flipped the windage slide around.

The Williams mounts with 1/2" center to center hole spacing.
IMG_0954[1] (1).JPG

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Picked up the new Henry side loader and it is sweet. Feels just tight when brought to shoulder. Will include pics later.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I've been thinking of getting skinner sights. They seem pretty straightforward to install and I think they look good.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hard to beat a Levergun in 30-30 ...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts