Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is the correct thread to post in but I gotta start somewhere. My dad has a friend who owns a 30.30 Marlin and he wants to sell it. He is hoping to find out what year it is and how much is a fair price to ask. I haven't seen the rifle but my dad says it looks like it was just pulled off the display shelf. The first 4 numbers of the serial # are 6911**** Any info would greatly be appreciated and thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I was hoping to get more help than this but I guess not. I thought I would find more info in here than in CandianGunNutz.com I got more info there than I did here. Thanks anyway.

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
Problem with your post is not having enough info. The number appears to be too large for a proper serial number for a 30-30. If you know what model it is 1893, 93, 1936, 36, 336, it will get us to the general area. If it is a 336 and you let us know if it has any letters after the number 336A etc. then we can narrow that group down. So please check the info you posted and see if you can clarify it or add to it, so we can help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got to the Island this weekend. I also got to see the 30.30 first hand. It is a glenfield mod.30 no letters before or after the model number other than the name "Marlin" after the model number. That's all that I could see to identify it. I apologize for the lack of information earlier but the serial# was all I had to go on. The rifle was a 4 hour trip away.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts