Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone loaded the leverevolution powder under the 160 FTX yet. Hodgdons list a max of 35.5 gr. at 2389 fps. Is that pretty much at the top of the food chain or is someone doing better with a different load under that bullet. I've been loading for my 35 rem. but I'm new to the 30-30.

·
Registered
262 Posts
35 grains was best in my winchester,working up all groups were tight then 35.5 opened up. Factory was never real good either, 3-4 inches, 35 grains was 1-2 inches as were 33 and up.

·
Super Moderator
16,516 Posts
I loaded up 40 rounds with various grains in groups of five, haven't got out to shoot them or put them through a chrony yet, started at 32.0 grs and went up 1 gr until I hit 35.0 gr. that's 20 and then a box of 20 at 35.5grs for the max. Hopefully one of them loads will stand out. I'll try and keep this thread in mind and post when I do shoot them. Mr fixit

·
Premium Member
5,225 Posts
I've got them sitting on my table. Its on my too do list. Think I'd like to get an idea of their softness before hunting. I really can't imagine anything more effective than the FTX in my gun!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts