Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our guide on this hog hunt and I were talking and he informed me that the first deer that he had taken when he was a kid was a with Marlin 30-30 Diamond Jubilee Commemorative Edition. He was wanting to know more information about his rifle. From his descriptions it is in very good condition. Onthe side of the stock there is a blue and white commemorative plate that has Diamond Jubilee Commemorative Edition insignia. Anyone have any comments or know of this model, such as value etc. Oh and by the way he informed me that this rifle is still in family arms, and will be.... lol

Thanks, Dave

·
Premium Member
7,974 Posts
Apparently, there were several "Diamond Jubilee" models Dave. One was made for OTASCO (Oklahoma Tire and Supply Co) in 1978 with a serial prefix of OK on the 30-30 model. Does this fit the time frame of your guide's first deer?

I'll keep looking ...

bjm

·
Super Moderator
17,053 Posts
I'll look some more, but all I found was what bigjeepman put up, besides a pic of the medallions Marlin used in some of the models. The Diamond Jubilee is in the bottom left corner. Mr fixit

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like we found THE source!! ;) I just got in and need to get cleaned up and to bed. When I get back down there tomorrow I will get him on the wireless connection and I am sure he will appreciate the information you are giving him.

Thanks guys,

Dave 8)

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Get our resident experts on the Collectors on it.. may get more info than you want.. LOL

did a search of www.bing.com and came up with some fast results.. OK tire rifle like the above said.. not much collectors value but pure Marlin.. like the W .. Birch Stocked and All Heart.. ;D Similar to the Glenfields.

·
Premium Member
12,094 Posts
Yup, all I found in a quick look was the tire company gun. Its an interesting gun but probably worth more from a sentimental point to him & his family than as a collectors thing, unless you found a person collecting various models of this type and I'm sure they are out there!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Our guide on this hog hunt and I were talking and he informed me that the first deer that he had taken when he was a kid was a with Marlin 30-30 Diamond Jubilee Commemorative Edition. He was wanting to know more information about his rifle. From his descriptions it is in very good condition. Onthe side of the stock there is a blue and white commemorative plate that has Diamond Jubilee Commemorative Edition insignia. Anyone have any comments or know of this model, such as value etc. Oh and by the way he informed me that this rifle is still in family arms, and will be.... lol

Thanks, Dave
I HAVE ONE OF THEM IN GREAT SHAPE, if you find any more information I would like to know I'm at [email protected]. thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.