Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was going to have a cigar and cocktail tonight but my punch is MIA what to do. I figured I have to have something I can use on my bench and there it was stairing me in the face a 30-30 case
IMG_20140707_231933_070.jpg
But dam it is dull and will not cut ah-ha a case reamer
IMG_20140707_231956_486.jpg

A little twisting and TaDa you got a cigar punch.
IMG_20140707_231941_589.jpg

One thing gents cut only one eadge either the inside or outside. If you have a steal case like a Russian surplus round try heat treating the case mouth so it keeps a eagde longer.
It looks pretty cool and your friends won't have one ( well not in till they steals yours).

I hope this was not a repeat thread.

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
Cigar punch:questionmark: How do ya smoke 'em after ya punch holes in 'em?:hmmmm:

·
Premium Member
9,038 Posts
Why do you punch an almost 5/16'' hole in a cigar? You could do a whole box using 00 buck and a good pump gun.

·
Super Moderator
9,322 Posts
Great idea zzguy.

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
I'll ask again, What is the purpose of the punch?

Mark.

Reactions: Catherine and 1022

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
A true cigar needs a hole punched or cut !! Not those cheap havatampa !! LOL

Reactions: Gaterskiner

·
Registered
106 Posts
Awesome idea!

·
Premium Member
9,038 Posts

Mark.

Something akin to biting off the end maybe? I remember this old guy from when I was young, he would buy cigar's, cut 'em to fit in his pipe and smoke those. I don't know how many "bowl's" he could get out of a cigar, but it alway's seemed kinda wierd to me at 6 or 7 YO. Maybe he liked 'em better than pipe tobacco, I don't know, but he sure didn't smoke good one's, they smelled like cigarette's in a toilet. Glad I was a kid, I was happy with Bazooka bubble gum.

·
Premium Member
15,451 Posts
******* innovation at it's finest

great idea

·
Premium Member
9,038 Posts
You can cut or file the rim off of a .22 magnum case, and use it to splice 1/4'' fuel/rubber line that has a hole in it. Cut it at the tear/hole, insert it halfway and then connect, hose clamp it on either side. Work's for vacuum lines also.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I use a 30 caliber case to cut foam disks for tying beetles, (dry flies). Works great.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Cigar punch:questionmark: How do ya smoke 'em after ya punch holes in 'em?:hmmmm:

Mark.
Sorry it took me so long to answer but a fine cigar is sealed at one end you can either cut the end off { some time you end up eating more cigar than smoking} or punch a hole { a cleaner opening} and some still just bite it off { I have nothing}. Hope that answer your question.

One other thing the case will cut a nice deep hole and I think draws a little more evenly on the cigar the smoke seemed more aromatic. Enjoy with a glass of bourbon and a friend it does not get any better then that.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Why do you punch an almost 5/16'' hole in a cigar? You could do a whole box using 00 Buck and a good pump gun.
The cigar punch I own slides tightly into the 30-30 case so it is perfect and 30-30 cuts a little deeper and allows for a better pull on the cigar. As for the OO not on a box of that cost $10 cigars you won't.

Mark.
Sorry it took so long a good/fine cigar is wrapped on one or both ends so you need to punch/cut the end you are smoking it from.

04.jpg CapRemoval01.jpg
I personally prefer the punch over cutting the end.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
They where a hit and now it's time to make a few more. I have a 45/70 and a couple of odd size case but the one I'll be using this weekend after my training and shoot will be a 338 lapua mag. I have to put 250 rounds of it down range this weekend I'm not siked to do that to my shoulders. ( I'll be shooting weak side too) but I have a good selection of cigars and a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle to ease the pain.
Wow that going to be one expensive weekend.

·
Registered
399 Posts

Mark.
It puts a hole in the cap of the cigar, allowing you to draw smoke through the cigar. The end of a cigar needs to be clipped, punched, or bitten off.

·
Premium Member
2,912 Posts
You can cut or file the rim off of a .22 magnum case, and use it to splice 1/4'' fuel/rubber line that has a hole in it. Cut it at the tear/hole, insert it halfway and then connect, hose clamp it on either side. Work's for vacuum lines also.
Done this with bullets and nails :)

·
Premium Member
2,912 Posts
I use to get some nice cigars with the rounded cap and always used a punch to keep it from unraveling but keep a cutter for the torpedo cigars so to speak :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts