Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Nice Nice Deer! I got lucky on the 4th day of our Missouri Firearms Season using my Revelation Model 200 Western Auto marked 336 .30-30 manufactured in 1962. I'd let does walk every day and finally this little 8 point came out and was about 25 - 30 yards away. One shot using traditional Remington 150gr SP and he went 25 or 30'. Nowhere as big as yours but was fun to finally see a buck.
I bought this Rechargeable Doe Urine Heater for this year and the buck appeared to be headed straight to it. I haven’t used it enough to swear that but it appeared that way !
FATBIRD
Motor vehicle Automotive mirror Automotive exterior Automotive tire Wood
Plant Branch Wood Twig Natural material
Liquid Art Electric blue Glass bottle Font

· Registered
25 Posts
Hey Lucky,
I love my ground blinds. My tree stands just sit ignored now. I have 3 towers with a blind on them that are 6' tall and that's plenty for me anymore. Here's something you can laugh at. I had an old trailer sitting around and I put a ground blind on it and simply used the tie down ropes on the outside of the blind to tie it down to the trailer. I then used those rubberized 2'x2' interlocking mats inside so I wasn't clumping my boots on the wooden floor. I drag it all around the farm with my Polaris and have shot several deer out of it over the years. Sat in it only one afternoon this year and let a doe walk at about 50 yards. A crazy idea but it works. Both Deer & Turkey ignore my ground blinds !
FATBIRD
Plant Branch Wood Natural landscape Sunlight
Plant community Natural landscape Plant Branch Twig
Beak Plant Grass Phasianidae Font
Font Mesh Grass Adaptation Wire fencing

· Registered
25 Posts
Actually just laziness. Wanted blinds in multiple places as like to move around and see different scenery and try different places. This is easier than pulling up stakes, folding up the blind, hauling blind, chair, etc to a new location and setting it up, hammering in stakes, getting chair in and level.
FATBIRD

1 - 3 of 3 Posts