·
Registered
9,875 Posts
Agreed ^^^^^

·
Premium Member
S&W, Colt, Winchester
142 Posts
I got my 30/30 a log time ago. It's the same with .35 Remington.

I got some.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'm surprised the Prvi Partizan .30-30 ammo is still available on SGAmmo. It's a few dollars high, but it's not abusive pricing like I've seen on ammoseek. And Prvi Partizan (PPU) is good ammo. I started using PPU when it was marketed under the name Hansen Cartridge Company. It was good way back then, it's still good now. I've used it in 9mm, .45 ACP, .44 Magnum, 10mm, .223, .30-30, .308, .30-06, 6.5x55, and .270. It's clean and accurate ammo. Good stuff.

Reactions: edcknives

·
Registered
540 Posts
I'm surprised the Prvi Partizan .30-30 ammo is still available on SGAmmo. It's a few dollars high, but it's not abusive pricing like I've seen on ammoseek. And Prvi Partizan (PPU) is good ammo. I started using PPU when it was marketed under the name Hansen Cartridge Company. It was good way back then, it's still good now. I've used it in 9mm, .45 ACP, .44 Magnum, 10mm, .223, .30-30, .308, .30-06, 6.5x55, and .270. It's clean and accurate ammo. Good stuff.
Didn't know PPU was Hansen. My buddy has a few boxes of the Hansen stuff because that's his last name and he thought it was neat. I agree that PPU is quality ammo, I have a bunch of it in 5.56 and I'm happy with it. I've never tried the other offerings though because I've always been able to get domestic stuff easily.

·
Registered
691 Posts
When I bought my 336 30-30 in 2013 I had to take 200 rounds from the seller or no deal. I shot a box or 2 hunting and sighting in. Just before last deer season a dear lady friend ask if I’d seen any 30-30 around, she said her sister had scoured the country side looking for some. I’ve never met her sister but when she got the box I gave to her sister, our friend, she called me with sincere thanks.
It is rewarding to give something to somebody who appreciate it.
At my age I still have a lifetime supply left

·
Registered
333 Posts
I may be hard headed, but thank goodness I learned my lesson. I got caught short in the Obama era. When things leveled out, I got into reloading for real. Dabbled with it in the past. Every spare dollar went into reloading components. I have enough to just about last my lifetime. If and when things turn around guys I hope you have learned the lesson I did.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Friends- I am about to buy a 336 after many years of not owning one However, I notice that 30-30 ammo seems to have totally disappeared! Is this true?
I was lucky and found some reasonable on luckygunner.com I now have 80 rounds for my hunting I bit the bullet, no fun intended and bought a 5.56-223 and love it ammo is easy to find and reasonably priced for now . So I would suggest considering reloading but depending on how much you shoot it is costly to get set up . Sadly like the toilet paper thing panic buying is the problem and I wish when things like this start manufacturers would put limits on sale per person but follow the money get it while you can gready companies just don't because they know they can hack up prices

·
Registered
575 Posts
Friends- I am about to buy a 336 after many years of not owning one However, I notice that 30-30 ammo seems to have totally disappeared! Is this true?
Just about all types of ammo is scarce right now. Even ammo you would think no one wants. But you are right, I haven't seen any 30 30 ammo on store shelves since last year.

·
Premium Member
S&W, Colt, Winchester
142 Posts
....but follow the money get it while you can greedy companies just don't because they know they can hack up prices.
I say most gun stores and gun ranges have contracts for a specific number of ammo to be delivered by ammo manufacturers every month. The manufacturer likes contracts so they keep their business working, and the same for a gun range.

I think the companies and their employees respect their customers and will not trade decades of business for a one year profit jump.

I also went thru the Obama ammo shortage which taught me to hold extra ammo just in case.

I bought this lately when buying a rifle.

·
Registered
332 Posts
......Said it seems like a lot of them are scalpers and it's goin' straight on the internet! If folks would just not panic and let this ride for a couple weeks...we'd get back to some sort of normalcy! BUT, we all know that ain't gonna happen!
Oh heck yeah it's mostly the scalpers that are creating the shortage. Panic buyers alone would not create this deep of a shortage IMO. May they all get stuck with inventory that they overpaid for and that no one wants.

·
Premium Member
S&W, Colt, Winchester
142 Posts
I am not so sure. If you raise beef cattle for profit, it is really risky to start buying cattle at higher prices while hoping the price will go higher.

Same for lever-action ammo. I'd say few people own a lever-action rifle that use that type of ammo would be speculators? I found more 30/30 in my inventory. I may use 20-40 per year.

I guess a dude could profit from buying and flipping handgun ammo? I'd call it a risky trading strategy.

I think the buying is due to fear. It's a fear that defunded police departments can not protect your family. It's a fear that should not be ignored.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I still see little bit's of off brand 30-30 come thru my gun shop every couple of weeks. They do have small amounts of of rifle and pistol ammo daily. You need to get there first or second! I can never find 38 spl. or 357 mag.The other day I picked up some 9mm and 200 rds of 22 long rifle.

·
Premium Member
S&W, Colt, Winchester
142 Posts
I am a collector of old post war S&W .357 Magnum 4-screw and 5-screw revolvers. I like them.

Ammo:

Reactions: jog

·
Premium Member
S&W, Colt, Winchester
142 Posts
Good plan for taking game.

I like a Colt 1911 .45 ACP and a proper rifle to protect my family from people that riot and burn building and businesses.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts