Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friends- I am about to buy a 336 after many years of not owning one However, I notice that 30-30 ammo seems to have totally disappeared! Is this true?

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Temporary election fears/hunting season yada yada..........look on GunBroker.com......it will eventually show up.....if you're thinking long term......it will be there.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Yes 30-30 ammo is in a shortage and about $45- 65 per box on GB at the moment but don't let that stop ya from purchasing a marlin 30-30 a piece of history.

·
Super Moderator
5,371 Posts
Since it's come to this insanity, I'm glad I learned how to make pointy sticks when I was a kid.

Fortunately, I took up reloading 10 years ago (during the obamanation) and learned to try to always keep some components on hand. Unfortunately, I let myself get down to about a one year supply on some calibers, of which 30-30 win is one of them.

It ain't good!

jd

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
Just about any anmo you want is still available online if you're willing to pay the price, just checked ammoseek.com.

·
Premium Member
S&W, Colt, Winchester
142 Posts
I have more in inventory which I am keeping. I bought 120 rounds in the last two months

I am not one bit worried since the ammo factories are working overtime.

Reactions: SRJT

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
As others said, it's an election year and people are being morons and hoarding anything that isn't nailed down gun related to try and flip it in an already over saturated market.
No one should be surprised by this. If you failed to stock up ahead of time then you either pay the price or hope for the kindness of strangers. A lesson learned for the future.

·
Premium Member
S&W, Colt, Winchester
142 Posts
No one should be surprised by this. If you failed to stock up ahead of time then you either pay the price or hope for the kindness of strangers. A lesson learned for the future.
It seems to me that the Obama dude was a fair waring of what can happen ( 2009 to 2017). Why are you dudes surprised today?

·
Premium Member
S&W, Colt, Winchester
142 Posts
Well I will say this, the scenario with ammo is worse than before due to multiple factors. In the past hunting calibers like 30-30 were always available during the panic buying frenzy's. We are facing the perfect storm this time.
You make a good point, and I 100% agree. The last one was mostly handgun ammo.

This Pelosi/Liberal Shortage is every gun ammo. People are protesting and burning down business and homes with no police involvement. We have no option but to buy and hoard all of the ammo and survival gear that we can find.

Reactions: SRJT

·
Registered
330 Posts
Yeah it's gettin real STUPID was looking at an ammo auction Wednesday night and there was a value pack of Remington Golden Bullet, 525 rounds of plain old copper plated hollow points, bid on it was $100 and the auction didn't close until Thursday night starting at 9. And, it didn't look like they were shipping, so competition would be slim. Had a bunch of .223 remanufactured ammo, in 500 round lots, auction house was asking for opening bid of $400.

·
Registered
330 Posts
My God... It's STUPIDER than I thought!!

Went back and checked on that box of bullets, and that 525 rounds of 36 grain Remington Golden Bullet went for... $170

1 - 20 of 77 Posts