Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
8,490 Posts
If you join Sportsman Guide, they're selling price on Federal Blue Box 30-30 150 is $15.38 a box. If you are in the buyers club you get 5% off. Shipping is about 2+ bucks a box, so for argument shake I'd say around $17.00 a box or so. My favorite 30-30 ammo is Federal. The Federal# 3030a clocks out at 2390 FPS and for deer its a devastating round.
There are other choices of course, but accuracy, quality, and consistency is more important that saving a buck a box. How many shots do you get at game? I want the best ammo I can afford for what I am shooting at, price is secondary.

Target? Any decent mfg or reloads are good for practice.

Cheers!

Mike T.

Reactions: Highhawk1948

· Registered
8,490 Posts
The local Walmarts are ordering Winchester Super X in 30-30. Anytime I've been to either Wally World in my area, they don't have any in stock. I am not a big fan of Winchester 30-30 ammo anyway. I prefer Federal BLue Box. I haven't seen any of that in Wally World in months and now that its fall, I probably won't be seeing any until after hunting season. I have enough stock for now.

Mike T.

· Registered
8,490 Posts
Walmarts here often have a box or two of Remington or Super X, usually for around $16 or $17 a box.
The local Walmarts price Super X at $16 and change and Remington at $17 and change. That sends me to a LGS that carries Federal ammunition.

Mike T

· Registered
8,490 Posts
Last month, MidwayUSA had Federal Power Shok (Blue Box) 150 and 170 grain ammo on sale for $14.29 a box. shipping averaged about $1.25 a box via UPS. That's the lowest price I've seen since Sandy Hook. The LGS charge $20 box. Yikes ! So I bought 10 boxes from Midway.

Mike T.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.