Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it my imagination or is availability slightly up and prince slightly down (that would be the economic impact of increased of supply if it is on a large scale)?

I just got five boxes of Remington 170 gr. for $15.69.

What are you able to get it for?

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Saw them at $30a box the other day at a dicks sporting goods...

Didn't buy them...

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
30/30 --- My house.
My bullets/powder/primers
$5 a box.. maybe a bit less.

If you shoot much, rolling your own pays nice dividends.

·
Super Moderator
24,437 Posts
Nothing under 17 bucks at Walmart--but they currently are only carrying 150 grain factory offerings. I shoot 170 grain 30-30s exclusively.

·
Banned
6,933 Posts
If you join Sportsman Guide, they're selling price on Federal Blue Box 30-30 150 is $15.38 a box. If you are in the buyers club you get 5% off. Shipping is about 2+ bucks a box, so for argument shake I'd say around $17.00 a box or so. My favorite 30-30 ammo is Federal. The Federal# 3030a clocks out at 2390 FPS and for deer its a devastating round.
There are other choices of course, but accuracy, quality, and consistency is more important that saving a buck a box. How many shots do you get at game? I want the best ammo I can afford for what I am shooting at, price is secondary.

Target? Any decent mfg or reloads are good for practice.

Cheers!

Mike T.

Reactions: Highhawk1948

·
Registered
7,155 Posts
I only buy it in brick and mortar stores in my travels, but have been finding it as low as $16.99 around here, so far anyway.

Bill

·
Administrator
27,450 Posts
While I haven't checked in the past week or so I haven't seen any in my local. I have seen it online though and my 30AS by far prefers Federal Blue Box in both 150GR and 170GR for factory offerings.

Jack

·
Premium Member
8,310 Posts
I haven't found Federal Blue Box under $18 in the Atlanta area this year.... I'm just happy I can find 30-30 ammo

35Rem is nowhere to be found :(

·
Registered
41 Posts
PPU at Cabela's for $14.99

·
Premium Member
15,923 Posts
See it here in gun stores for @ 21 bux. Makes a 45/70 guy jealous...LOL

·
Registered
450 Posts
Winchester/ Federal $ 18.00 per box at Bass Pro and the Remington 30/30 was $28.00 a box. I started looking at the other Remington prices and they were all way more than the Winchester/ Federal. Even the 17 HMR boxes were $5.00 more than the Winchester/CCI.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
$15 to $20 a box for any factory ammo in our area with the exception of the Hornady LE. Our Wal-mart carries a pretty good supply of 30-30 factory ammo. About the only time they run out is just before deer season.

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
about 17$ a box for the cheapest ones, fed blue box. 19$ for Remington core lokt I think. It's available consistently here now.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts