Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need load for 30/30ak want to use 125gr sierra hp an rel 7 powder.any one useing this load or good loads with re 7. sure would like to hear from u . an all the info like primers' brass' vel' would app; THANKS
KEN S :)

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
How about those 30/30 AI's!!! I use imr3031 but i don't have my reloading notes here at the house. they are with the rifle at my son's house. After trying everything I could test I do load the 30-30ai with 130 grain speer Hot Points. Toughest one of the bunch in the log test. It will break a deer shoulder. good luck, BestLever

·
Registered
957 Posts
I shoot a couple of AIs, but not a .30-30 AI. My method is to use the top load for the standard cartridge as the starting load in the AI and work up. Lee shows a top of 30 grains of Re-7 under a 125 grain bullet. I'd expect to top out at 33 grains and would not go past 34 grains no matter what the pressure signs looked like.

·
Registered
121 Posts
But not all Ackley imp increase case capacity the same. For example the .280 AI increases about 2.7% but the .30-30 increases nearly 11% IIRC

1 - 4 of 4 Posts