Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Whew! Looks like Marlin's have hit the big time. Does this mean our collections are paying off? still can't afford those ones though.........Buck 8) :shock: :eek:

·
Registered
397 Posts
This guy is a very serious Marlin collector, and he has been for many years. A second look will tell you that his collection is for real.
I guess if you have that kind of merchandise, you can ask that kind of price, and not be out of line.
WB

·
Registered
719 Posts
???????

:shock: something ain't right......IF these are primo' rifles, and "mint" WHy is he jackin' the lever????that's rubbing the bluing off parts and case colors! he better have documentation as to these being the "first"....Cody wy will be wanting to have them in the museum then! the 1888 has been up for sale for months........ :idea:
i smell fish somewhere...........

·
Registered
397 Posts
Here's some documentation -
Next time you reference Bill Brophy's book and you see a picture of a fine old Marlin and under the picture it says (CF) - these are his rifles.
WB

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
I would guess that at $100,000 a piece he has certain documentation, and it's more than a picture in Bill's book!
Guns like this are way beyond the collections I could even dream of owning. He's a very fortunate collector to be able to have three of such quality! Not sure I could part with such fine pieces, if I ever had the chance to own one!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts