Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my older age, I will admit that I suffer from some "minor" ailments where a less-expensive, generic drug actually works. So I thought I'd pass along what I've learned to help my friends here. I realize, what works for me, may not work for you. But if I can help you save some money for ammo, I'm happy to do it.

First is dizziness: My doctor prescribed Meclizine 25mg tablets. When I have a bout of dizziness, I take one tablet 3 times a day, as prescribed, with food. Even though the dizziness is gone in an hour or two after taking the first pill, I've found out that for complete elimination of the dizziness, three pills is just what the doctor ordered and I follow her orders. 60 pills for $8 is pretty inexpensive for complete relief.

The second is nausea: The prescription is for Ondansetron HCL 4mg tablets. One tablet every 8 hours and I've only had to take one tablet for it to work. 20 pills for $8. (Zofran 4mg is the non-generic drug, costing - oh my gosh - $10 a pill.)

And lastly is acid indigestion: Pantoprazole SOD 40mg tablets. One tablet every morning, right after breakfast. 30 pills for $3 is a lot less than you would pay for the OTC drugs Nexium, Pepcid, Prevacid, Prilosec or Zantac. (Protonix DR 40mg is the non-generic drug.)

Please, always consult your personal physician.

(Disclaimer: I am NOT a doctor, nurse, physician's assistant, nurse practitioner, pharmacist, medic or corpsman. But I do know how to do CPR!)

·
Premium Member
6,472 Posts
Are the prices listed your co-pays or the cash prices?

·
Premium Member
13,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are the prices listed your co-pays or the cash prices?
Co-pays, even for the Zofran, which I didn't get.

Anyone else have generic suggestions for other ailments?

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
(Disclaimer: I am NOT a doctor, nurse, physician's assistant, nurse practitioner, pharmacist, medic or corpsman. But I do know how to do CPR!)
But did you stay at a Holiday Inn last night?:)

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Thank you for the info. I've taken my share of Meclizine to prevent air sickness and sea sickness. I never thought of it for dizziness but it makes sense.

It's funny how things change as we get older. When I was younger my "prescriptions" would have been much different. To stop dizziness I would have stepped off the disco floor and sat out a couple of tunes. For relief from nausea I would have gone to town alone, leaving my first wife at home. And to end acid indigestion I would have taken a two or three day break from my steady diet of beer and pizza.

Now if only I could find a prescription that would let me fit in my old jeans.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts