Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
All kinds. Enamored of their mechanisms!
10,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
3 AM. 4 patrol cars and zone traffic unit in a nice quiet area where 3 patrol zones closely converge. The usual BS, who just got out of jail back on the street, the last call data dump of the usual 'suspects' we visit at least weekly. Coffee, donuts, you know the drill. Me, I don't do coffee - Coca-Cola.

Huge flash lights up the sky! I count the seconds, 5, that's just about a mile away. I head west on Highway 192 toward where the flash came from. Yep, close estimate. A power line down, exactly 9/10s of a mile away with a car wrapped around the pole that was snapped off by the impact. Drunk driver who will be OK. (other than charges) Send an ambulance. Drunks seem to be almost immune to collision, trauma - just a couple of bones broken and stitches, then off to jail.

I'll be busy writing that up until shift change. Just another night in paradise. (Or better phrased: "Just another day with parasites")

AC

·
Registered
19,567 Posts
Lucky the power pole/wires dint come down on him!

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
GSG,

I am the son if a Marine Sergeant, DC LEO and LEO in North Carolina. From him at a very young age, words of wisdom that hold true over 50 years later.

NOTHING GOOD HAPPENS AFTER MIDNIGHT!

·
Registered
6,729 Posts
Thank you for your service.

·
Premium Member
All kinds. Enamored of their mechanisms!
10,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank y'all for the kind words. I had a lot of fun in law enforcement. The worst stress was actually caused by management! The unnecessarily kind of nit picking that causes resentment.

Had a sheriff that was great. Had a police chief that was horrible, an anti gun guy, and tried to get me and my partner fired for starting the Melbourne Gun Show in 1981. Went to the Sheriff's office not missing a day and loved it!

AC

1 - 7 of 7 Posts