Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have one,used one,tried one or can tell me anything about one? I recently purchased a Springfield Armory Socom 16.I'm looking for a short,compact,long eye relief scope and was thinking this would be a good scope for this gun.The gun is setup for a scout mounted scope.I'm not intererested in shooting long range.Where I hunt 90% of the shots will be under a 100yds the other 10% maybe out to 200yds just maybe.Seems to me 2x20 would be perfect for this type of hunting.I hunt deer and pigs. Also may try it on a lever rail on my 44mag Marlin.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
497 Posts
I'm interested in this answer too as I increased the length of pull on my 1894 and after some measuring it doesn't seem like a regular scout scope will have enough relief.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
171 Posts
I had one, blew it up in short order, and got rid of it. It may have just been a lemon.
I returned it to Nikon and they sent me a new one, I think turn around was 5 days! I traded the replacement in on a Leupold and haven't looked back.

My observations was that the scope seemed very clear, the image seemed a bit "larger" than the Leupolds (Leupold 2x scopes don't seem to magnify anything 2 times to me, the Nikon does), customer service was top notch. I just couldn't get past blowing the wires up and get confident in it again.

FWIW. I was shooting some HOT .44 mags out of a SBH when the scope let go, it may be fine in a carbine, and I may have just had the odd ball specimen that didn't want to stay together. Don't make any judgements about the quality based on my limited experiance. Nikons are generally excellent products.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
320 Posts
I have a Monarch UCC 2x20 on my 1895GS and haven't blown it up yet, 100+ rounds of 350 and 425 gr RD lead loads kind of toasty under it. #50's shoot inside 2" at 100 yds and it's nice and clear. Bought used for $100 and happy with it. Eye relief mounted as far fwd as possible on XS scout mount with medium Weaver GS QD rings.
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top