Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Salutations, everyone!
I recently installed a new Lyman #3 front sight on my 27S in 32-20. It looks right and I can fine tune the the rear sight with the little elevation slide. When I first got the rifle, I could not lower the rear sight enough to put my shots where I wanted them at 50 yards. The new #3 sight is a skosh higher and took care of the problem. My handloads consist of a 115 grain Meister bullet and 4 grains of Unique. I used my new Little Dandy measure with the #8 rotor. I was quite satisfied with my results that day, with the exception of my eyes. Any of you out there have problems with your tri-focals when it comes to rifle sighting? Handguns are no problem. Maybe I should try my old non-tri focal specs. Cheerio!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Roundsworth, sounds like a neat toy!! I am still unable to shoot, so count yourself blessed!!!! Hopefully this fall I will be released again! moodyholler

·
Registered
335 Posts
Roundsworth, I use progressive Bi's for everyday, but can't shoot with them. I use a special pair of glasses. The left lense is my distance presription, the right is the distance plus a 1.00 magnification. Gee, it's nice to see a front sight!
I just put them on about 10 minutes before shooting to give the old brain a chance to get used to it. Eliminates the trying to tilt the head to bring sights into focus..........Buck 8) :roll: :wink:

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Buck,
I have read posts on other forums that refer to custom ground lenses for shooting purposes. I will have to inquire with my local optometrist. Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Definitly check with your optometrist. They can custom grind a small portion of your sighting lens so you can see the sights better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts