Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Knock half a dozen off of that total.
I also got the notification and came here to let everyone know, while taking what I needed and letting some friends know.

But, you beat me to it.

265 FP bx/100.

The best news here......
If the bullets have shipped, then 265 SuperFormance can't be far behind. ....And there may be some brass that comes available.

·
Super Moderator
13,306 Posts
Thanks Scott, I ordered mine! ;)

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
I think it will be interesting to see how long it takes 444 shooters to make 136 boxes disappear

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
I'm now showing 743 boxes in stock.

So, it may take a couple days. ...Maybe?

Reactions: mt_sourdough

·
Super Moderator
13,306 Posts
It wont be just the shooters that run through them, it will be the resellers that want to list them for sell for $60-75 a box. :banghead:

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
How do you guys know the inventory level, anyhow?:hmmmm:

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Add a ridiculous number of the item to your cart (up to 999). If there are 998 or fewer items in stock, it'll tell you what's in stock.

There used to be other ways, but the new site has locked out most of my old "back doors".

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
721 boxes available.

...Not moving very fast.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
679. Doesn't look like they will be running out anytime soon. That is a little over 70 in a week's time. At that rate, they should have them all summer.

·
Super Moderator
12,050 Posts
Good golly! Dang near twice as much as before.

·
Super Moderator
13,306 Posts
I just opened mine today........Shiney!!!!! ;)

·
Registered
341 Posts
I got 5 boxes shipped in here for the 444 just in case things stay in short supply. Will these bullets expand at 44 magnum revolver velocities?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. Got 3, and the Lee dies I've been needing. Just needed a kick in the behind. Been putting off ordering to reload my 444.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
I got 5 boxes shipped in here for the 444 just in case things stay in short supply. Will these bullets expand at 44 magnum revolver velocities?
In my tests, they performed exceptionally well at 1635fps. 95% weight retention and expanded to at least double the diameter. Depending on your load, the 1635fps is likely a velocity representing somewhere around 150 to 200 yard impact velocity.
I hear tell that pistol shooters aren't getting expansion with impact velocities below 1450fps. I cant confirm that. What I do know, I have not heard of any 444 shooters complaining about poor terminal performance using the Hornady 265FP bullet at any range.
I hope that helps.

·
Super Moderator
12,050 Posts
How long has it been since you bought some? 10 years? :hmmmm:
Ummm about 2 years ago I paid 24.95 for a box at the LGS.
So double may be a slight exaggeration.
Already loaded them all up with a full snort of H110. Wish I'd kept some loose.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts