Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i finally got my bullets!!! i got h4198, rel 7, and h322. around 200 rem brass. the only thing left to get is a tc encore in 444 marlin that has a 21" MGM barrel with a bellm muzzle brake. i still waiting on mgm, the steel is out on their .429 barrel blanks.
do the 265 hornady flat points work on deer? or black bear?
what about beartooth bullets with 265gr wfn gc or 280gr wfn gc?

thanks for your help!!!!

·
Registered
9,156 Posts
Deer, yes; black bear, yes. BTB both weights, yes and yes. DP

Reactions: rooterpig

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
The 265gr Interlock is a great bullet if you rifle doesn't like a cast bullet (like my .444 barreled Mauser ninety eight).

Reactions: rooterpig

·
Registered
932 Posts
the 265gr Hornady FP's seems to of been made especially for the 444,when I shoot them out of my Marlin 444ss and T/C 444,scarrrry accuracy.I have no experience with the Beartooth bullets.IMO the Hornady 265's are more than enough bullet/power for deer and bear-if you do your job with placement.I myself use the H4198 along with IMR4198. Enjoy and don't worry about the 265's bouncing off any game animal.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Yea, the 265s are specifically designed to take large game from deer to moose and at 444 marlin speeds. They work ok at magnum speeds but you could not Ask for a better bullet.
I think you will be very impressed with the results.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I like these bullets a bunch. I have to admit that even though I understand the wanting of heavy weight bullets these are all a guy needs in my opinion.

Reactions: J-Pipes
1 - 7 of 7 Posts